cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Javadocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Where can I find the javadocs for previous versions of SAP EP Java API? I was able to find some at http://help.sap.com/javadocs/ but they had only 2004 and 2004s. I want to see javadocs from as early as EP 5.0 onwards.

2. I am experienced j2ee/java developer but new to EP development. I have been trying to find information on how to deal with situations where applications developed and build on previous EP plaforms (e..g EP 5 or EP 6) do not work on newer versions of SAP EP (e.g. 2004s). As an example, we have older applications that uses "com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.urlgenerator.IUrlGeneratorService". At some point SAP removed this from the API. What developers here have done is kept the old jar file (urlgeneratorapi.jar) added it to the project as an external library and compile against it. In addition this jar exists still in our Poral server.

- question 1: What is SAP's best practice recommendation when it comes to migrating existing portal applications to newer Portal runtimes?

- question 2: What risks exist with the approach mentioned above our developers are using (i.e. keep old jar files around).

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the alternative jar file used for urlgeneratorapi.jar. I knew that this jar file is used to generate url for uwl work items. Has this become legacy jar file? What is its newer version?