cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT codes for Norway

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a Switzerland company codes that is asking us to set up a Foreign VAT Registration Number for Norway (IMG > Financial Accounting > Financial Accounting Global Settings > Company Code > VAT Registration Numbers (VAT Reg.No.) > Define Foreign VAT Registration Numbers). However, SAP is not letting us do and the message I am getting is "Entry of a VAT reg.no.is only possible for co.codes in EC countries". I know I can change the Country setting for Norway to make it an EU country (t-code OY01), but I'm not sure what other impacts would that cause.

Does anybody know how to set up the VAT for Norway without changing the country setting?

thank you

Lanny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ruslim,

the EU checkbox is used in reporting and activates some features, which you definetly don't want for a non EU country (on the other hand I believe that you should set both countries (Switzerland and Norway) to set up as EU country for this to work).

I would suggest to turn to SAP (OSS) to ask for a possible solution.

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Eric. I have asked OSS but have not received any response yet.

By the way, I was able to set up VAT numbers for Swiss in Belgium, France, etc., so I think only one country needs to be an EU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you do not want to set the countries as EU but yet you want to set up the VAT reg.no., you can first set the country as EU, key-in VAT reg.no., then remove the EU setting for that country.

I did this for my implementation in Thailand, according to SAP Help, country version Thailand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I just received a reply from SAP suggesting the same solution.

Answers (0)