cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securing Web Applications by HTTP Basic Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are working on providing security for web applications in Webdynpro.We downloaded the material from net regarding this.In that it was mentioned to open the webdynpro project's web.xml file in the Netweaver Developer Studio.In the material,we are asked to click the General TAb and check "Login Configuration".But there is no such checkbox in our general tab screen.Also many tabs are missing like Context,Resources,mapping,Environment,EJB's,Web objects.How to enable/display these tabs?Is there any means of setting properties in the server to get these tabs?

regards,

J.Iswaryal

K.Brinda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the project in J2EE development Perspective .Go to package explorer inside the project you will find the WEB-INF folder inside which web.xml exists.Double click on it to open.Here you can see all the tabs including general and check box for Login Configuration.

Do reward points and close the thread if your query is solved.

Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not able to open the project in J2EE perspective.Please let us know how to open in J2EE perspective

regards,

Iswaryal

Brinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijith,

We are not getting WEB-INF folder in the package explorer for that project in J2EE perspective.

But inside gen_wdp folder we are having application.xml.

The same we are also getting in Webdynpro perspective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iswaryal,

The gen_wdp folder is generated for web dynpro project. For authorization in web dynpro project refer this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/au... in web dynpro.pdf

Regards,

Jaydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iswaryal,

Have you tried what i have suggested in my earlier post?

It will surely help you. Tell me one thing. Are you exposing EJB or JAVA class as Webservice?

regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iswaryal,

Have you resolved this problem?

If yes, then please close this thread.

Regards,

Bhavik

P.S.: Reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J.Iswaryal,

I guess two things based on your post.

1. You have created one wer service and you want to make secure this web service using HTTP basic authentication.

2. You have such wweb service and you want to consume this web service lets say in webdynpro application.

<b>For, point one,</b>

After creating web service goto webservice perspective in NWDS. there, choose your web service project.

Now, open Web service configuration file recided in your project.

Here, go under config1-> security and double click on it.

It will display security options for this web service.

Choose transport protocol as HTTP, Authentication mechanism as HTTP authentication and choose Basic radio button.

Now, save this, rebuild this and deploy on server.

<b>For point 2,</b>

Make model for your web service.

before calling your web service, set your username and password in code as shown below.

wdContext.current<web service model node>element().modelobject()._setusername(<username>);

wdContext.current<web service model node>element().modelobject()._setPassword(<password>);

Rehards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iswaryal,

Can you tell me what is the project that u downloaded? is it a webdynpro project or java one? in which perspective are you opening it?

Regards,

Sirisha.R.S.