Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Trying to understand the B_EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL ?

Bonjour a tous et a toutes,

We have 15 integrations scenarios.

-> ¾ are Async (JMS / IDOC & IDOC / JMS)

-> ¼ are Sync (JMS / RFC to CICS and return in JMS)

We are trying to give priority to the Sync scenarios in order to avoid a timeout on the sender side.

Here are the EO parameters we are using (in DEV for now):

So we get (in SMQ2), 3 inbound queues and 5 outbound queues. This is working correctly.

What do not seem to behave the way it is documented are the “B_EO _ …” parameters.

My understanding is that all in inbound messages will be equally distributed in the 3 inbound queues with a maximum of 20 messages in each and every queues, for a maximum of 60 messages being process in parallel.

Idem, for the 5 outbound queues (20 messages each = 100 messages being processes in parallel).

We are not getting this type of behaviour Instead, we get more than 3 inbound queues (and more than 5 outbound queues) with weird names …

Is this because we are getting more messages than 60 inbound messages ?

Back to my initial request ... prioritize Async messages. We have used message filtering to achieve that … I have 2 questions

1) De we have to set filtering for OUR ENTIRE Async message to a lower priority queue and assign ALL Sync message to a higher priority queues? Is that how we should proceed?

2) How can we make sure (when we watch SMQ2) that message that are sent to a higher priority queue are getting process BEFORE a lower priority queues ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Michel Osborne A+

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question