cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM and MS Vista

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have upgraded our OS from XP to Vista. Since this we are able to install the SAP MDM client software, but have serious issues with functionality in the import manager, data manager, and the syndicator. These crash even when changing tabs. With no clear error log.

Are you also experiencing these issues with Vista? And do you have the solution?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.

<i>* Will reward points for helpful answers.</i>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member278106
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Vista is a client OS and, as such, it is not suitable for MDM server. The client part of the MDM (Data Manager, Import Manager, etc) can work on Vista. There are few known limitations in the current version, as: Workfflow Notification doesn work, Ofiice 2007 is not supported and you still need to work with Office 2003.

Best regards,

Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lev,

We are not speaking about using Vista as an OS for the MDM Server...Only for the laptops that run the clients...

This is where we have issues...Data Manager produces strange result when building Workflows but this could be due to Visio2007...

The Syndicator, however, does not work at all; you can start the program, but any action in the program will cause it to dump...

Cheers,

Rob.

former_member278106
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

The Syndicator works fine on Vista, but with Office 2003 only.

Best regrads,

Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Vista & Office 2003

Data manager & Import Manager - works

Syndicator - not working

What to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can u tell me which database ur using

On vista Oracle database will work fine.Using Vista u will face somany errors.

If u install MDM On Windows Vista home premium It doesn't work.Go for windows Vista Upgrade Version

1. Vista Ultimate

2. Vista Enterprise.

I think it may help u.

Regarding this any issues please let me know.

Regards

Hari

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

also for ur information...MDM ll not accept MSOFFICE 2007 file .It is only compatible upto 2003 files.

Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, MDM is not compatible with Vista.May be later versions ll be compatible.

Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The DBMS we are using is Oracle but there are no issues with MDM itself...All the people that still have XP on their laptops can work without a problem.

Only the people with Vista have these issues and only on running the client software...

Cheers,

Rob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

MDM is compatible with windows 2000/2003/Xp only. It doesnt work with Vista.That is the reason on vista your MDM is crashing and not on XP.

Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

So guys,

Is there no solution for this? Except of course installing XP.

Is there no way possible for him to work with MDM client software on Vista?

Kind regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP does not mention that Vista is not supported and unfortunately the decision to implement Vista as the new corporate standard is not mine...

Cheers,

Rob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

we also experienced the same problem, If your OS is Vista, then what is your DBMS?

if your DBMS is oracle, you can install mdm, you face problems( crash as you said ), in SQL server you cannot install MDM.

and then we use:

Mdm console/ clients: windows xp/200/2003 all versions

hope this may help you

Regards

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u tell me the which Database ur using

and give me ur mail id

Ok

Regards

FC