cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populate partner number(not in all cases) from return IDOC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where I need to populate partner number from return IDOC to the delivery document. The partner number will not be necessarily have a master data in SAP.Example: I will get a forwarding agent number which will not have a master data created in R/3, but still SAP should allow me to save the delivery with the number that I put in the delivery header-partners with appropriate partner funtion defined by us. Ideally my IDOC will carry any number which I need to populate under header partners in the delivery with out getting any error message saying "No master record exists for XXXXXX". Please provide your expert opinion.

Regards,

Emaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emaya,

You cannot save a Partner Function with a Partner Number that doesn't already exist in SAP. Therefore you either need to have the partner(s) created in SAP, or find somewhere else to store the data. There are a few free-format fields in LIKP that may suit your purpose, alternatively you could extend the iDoc & table LIKP to incorporate a new field.LIKP-LIFEX is a good candidate if you're not using it already, or of course there's always a text field.

Cheers, Paul.

Answers (0)