cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe form as input to approval workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not used Adobe form before, so please bare with me! I have a couple of basic questions.

Do I have to download the Adobe designer software from sap marketplace, or is it on the SAPGUI install cd?

Do I need the Adobe designer s/w or is there a sap transaction equivalent?

Can the 'pull downs' in the form get their 'allowed' values from the backend ECC6 system or do they have to be set when creating the form.?

Is there a transaction in ECC6 which a user can run to see all the different forms that have been created?

The intention is to have a form which will be filled in by a user as a request to proceed with a contract specification document, this doc will be a word doc, held in ECC6 in DMS. But the initial form though will go to a number of managers for approval, can a form be 'workflowed' easily, if so, how?

Thanks for your patience.

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

You can download the LifeCycle designer from MarketPlace and it is also available with the SAPGUI 7 cd. The transaction code in R/3 to see all the forms is SFP. You can create the dropdown boxes in Adobe forms. Once the Lifecycle designer is installed goto library and you can see lot of other controls like input text, dropdownboxes etc. You can write a programs to deal with workflow using Adobe forms.

P.S : Award points if the answer is helpful

Thanks!

Surya.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yah, as Surya said,you need ADLC for Adobe forms design. And this available in Service place or even in your SAPGUI CD(You gotta check in FORMS Option enabled).

You can create/change/delete Adobe forms in SAP using SAP Form Painter(SFP txn).

You can create the dropdowns from ECC data.

You can achieve your requirement either using ISR's or using WebDynpro based Adobe forms. Check out my old threads for further information.

Hope this helps.

Regards

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies, just a follow on question, are these the same forms as used within workflow and referred to as workflow forms.

I want a form to be populated by and used within a workflow, would these work?

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need to design Adobe forms(interactive) in SAP, you need to use ADLC, do ADS configuration etc. Please do check the interactive forms homepage in SDN. It will guide you through varuious options availble for you.

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.