cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro and MDM Java API's(new)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am using MDM Java APIs(new). I also had not worked on MDM4J earlier.

Now the scenario is simple enough:

I have to search the Products table.

I have got the connection, established session , done user authentication and all.

Now the problem is setting the search parameter and constraint, that means i need to add some piece of code after this

Search search = new Search(mainTableId);

I am not able to figure out that.

Moreover when i get the resultset, how I retrieve the specific values (field wise) from it, i mean which methods to use (api).

If there is some reference guide for new API's ,it would be great (the one at service market place is corrupt, MDM 5.5 Java Library Reference Guide)

Any pointers are most welcome

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

sorry for telling you I have no good news: for using MDM Java API, there's no comprehensive manual. It requires actually two parts of knowledge: One is the knowledge about the data format mapping between your MDM repository data and their representation in Java, e.g. how a lookup field value looks like in Java, an integer or a String ID. Another part is of course which methods to use for the right purpose. This is a "learn by errors" process.

Best regards,

Ge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ge

I think you are right in this as I myself have done exactly something like this.Well though it is a slow way of doing thing but surely improves the knowledge.

and since I have been able to achieve what I wanted with this so CHEERS

Avinash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The javadocs for the API's do actually contains a huge number of methods...so by trying different methods (the old way of doing)..I somehow can see the details of the record.

It would be something like

resultSet.getRecord(i).getFieldValue(fieldId);

I wanted to see if there is any other method better than this.

But obviously did not find any.

Regards

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I figured that out.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

It would be great if you could let the forum know how you solved it.

Thanks,

Ravi