cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access Visual Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to change ume.logon.branding_image property in NW 2004s. I am new to Portal. Based on the discussions, I understand that it can be changed using Visual Administrator > Global Configuration Server > Services > UME Provider properties.

How do I log on to Visual Administrator remotely. Can you access it from the portal. I have admin rights on the portal.

I see SAP Netweaver Administrator from portal/index.html. But I could not find the UME provider. Is Visual Administrator same as this.

Its a probably a very basic question, but i would appreciate if some one can answer this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jonh_goldberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Visual admin is (this is from memory) located under

/usr/sap/#systemname#/#instancename#/j2ee/admin

there is a program called 'go.bat' or 'go.sh' depending on your platform - that is Visual Admin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jon,

The servers are not at the same location. Can I access the go.bat online through a URL. SAP Help says VA provides remote monitoring

jonh_goldberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've not used it remotely, except through VNC or Remote Desktop... I think you prolly can use it remotely, though, since there is a step where you provide the parameters to connect to the instance you want to administer. I don't know how to do the stand-alone install of the tool onto your local machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not found how to access remotely too. All threads I see refer to accessing from the portal server. I guess I will have to request access to the server or send it to our basis administrator.

norbert_sieker
Explorer
0 Kudos

you just need the contents of the admin folder and a JDK/JRE on your local machine (and - of course - connectivity to the p4 port of the target box).

If you have a local WebAS Installation (should be the same version), you have all what you need to run visual admin and connect remotely to your target server.

If you haven't a local WebAS, copy over the admin folder and launch visual admin via go.sh or go.bat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Norbet. That helps. I will try one of those methods. Thanks

Answers (0)