cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server Performance Issues!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need some help, in terms of monitoring our SQL Server, which runs or ECC6 platform. We are having issues with users reporting performance problems and, to be honest, we are not sure where the bottlenecks are. I want to make sure that the issue is not the SQL Server, which it could be.

So does anyone know what I can monitor and how so that I can say that the issue is or is not SQL Server?

Any guides or tips would be great.

Thanks

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phil,

The first thing to do is monitor results in transaction ST03 (ST03N and ST03G are also good choices if available). This will help identify not only the longest running transactions but where the system is spending the majority of its time (in the DB, at the front end, etc.).

Are the users complaining about speed at different times of the day? If so, then monitor your background processes to see if there is a long process that is slowing the system down (daily reports, check runs and so on).

If you can reply back to your message with a bit more detail we can probably provide better information on what to check.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver, CO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help

Those transactions, ST03n,DB01 etc will all highlight issues from a SAP point of view and to an extent SQL core issues.

We have now started to look at Spotlight for SQL as a core performance management tool.

Also yes, we have noticed issues with our batch jobs which are causing locks, only temporary issues, but when you have approx 20 process running at one time the queues back up quickly!

Message was edited by:

Phil Wade

Answers (0)