cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely poor performance in BI 7.0 due to analysis authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have experiencing big performance problems with analysis authorizations, though with only one infoprovider. Queries with this provider take 85 minutes to merge the authorizations and load the buffer. We have gone back and forth with SAP over this, and have applied every known note/ patch to the system. Still with this provider, performance is very poor. SAP tells us we have too many (is 18 too many??) analysis authorizations. We should remove some. If we did this, then we would be exposing data to people that shouldn’t see it, so the alternate solution from SAP is to remove the data!! This doesn’t work very well for me since there are already many queries developed for the infoprovider under the old security model. And they work fine. Has anyone else had problems with performance? What can we do to fix these problems? Any advice or suggestions is appreciated.

Regards,

Steve McMahan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would personally review your profiles on user's as it doesn't seem right a query taking 85mins to execute. I've implemented over 1000 users with different authorisations and the slowest query has been 1.5mins for over 500,000 records.

Alternative is to broadcast the query results to the users. I know it's not ideal but at least they get them each day.

What is the volume of data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The volume of data is quite small. The problem is in the buffering of security. We wait 85 minutes, and then bi displays the variable request screen. We enter the selection and the results display within a few seconds.

Regards,

Steve Mc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check notes

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions Deepu, but we have already installed all the mentioned patches. They definitely made a difference and fixed other performance issues with the new security model, but we are still faced with this 85 minute merge in our environment.

Steve