cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two delta queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I want to use a 2lis… datasource and feed data to two different info cubes. One of the cubes should have data for company code 1000 and the other one for company code 2000. Is it possible to do two init loads and thereafter separate delta queues (using the same extractor)? I tested using 3.x dataflow and it was not possible.

We use BI 7.0 SP12

Kind regards

Erik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For BI 7.0 you have to use Process chains for Delta loads from PSA to Infoprovided.

If you want do different loads( for Company Codes) from PSA to Infoprovider your can use option ABAP Programme process type in Process Chain.

or you can go for Startroutines which based Datapackage wise filter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

U need to write some coding in UR

But in Bi7.0 u can run diffrent delta loads to diffrent data targetsss

Assign points if am good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

You can use the same dataflow and in the start routine of the update rules

If company code = 1000 delete from data-package.

(for the cube that should have 2000)

and the other way around for the other cube

Hope this helps

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo

That is a solution that will work

But is it possible to create two delta queues. In that way I could isolate the delta in case of a reload?

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

I have learned that is must be possible to do different dataloads with delta from 1 datasource (new in 7) but never tried it (yet).

You will have to create DTP and leave the 3.5 dataflow.

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik,

I agree with Udo, I have learnt it as well. But I know I am going to try it in a short period.

Splitting the load by company code is better then two delta, because you extract only once. But you can chosse which ever you like to.

Goodluck,

Alex(Arthur Samson)