cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intercompany billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

We have a problem with intercompany billing. we like to bill to different companies.

However we only can make a link to one company and not more.

so we have a company in Belgium and from there we want to bill companies in DE, IT and UK. because of the table T001W we can only make a link to one of those because from one plant we can only link to one sales organisation.

It seems that standard sap doesn't support this scenario but in our opinion there must be other companies which have faced or face the same problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blom

Go through the process

Step: 1

DEFINE ORDER TYPES FOR INTERCOMPANY BILLING

Path: IMG -- SD-Billing -- Intercompany Billing -- Define Order Types for Intercompany Billing.

Step: 2

ASSIGN ORGANISATIONAL UNIT BY PLANT

Path: IMG – SD --Billing -- Intercompany Billing -- Assign Organizational unit by Plant

Step: 3

EXTEND CUSTOMER

Extend a customer of sales organization i.e. eg.7000006001 to dell sales org. in customer master data. This is the customer who is actually ordering for the material.

T-code: Xd01

Step: 4

ASSIGNMENT OF SALES ORG - DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL -PLANT

Path: IMG -- Enterprise Structure – Assignment -- SD

Step: 5

Create Customer and assign customer number to Dell Sales Org ie e.g. 100358 (payer)

This customer is nothing but the corporate office. We assign a customer no. to the corporate office. This corporate office will be assigned as an internal customer.

T-code: Xd01

Step: 6

DEFINE INTERNAL CUSTOMER NUMBER BY SALES ORG

Path: Img – SD --Billing-intercompany billing -- Define internal customer number by sales org

Step: 6

MAINTAIN CONDITION RECORD T .C

T-code: VK11 -- PI01

Here we maintain the price for intercompany that is for the corporate office

Step: 6A

T-code: VK11—PR00

Maintain a condition record for material for eg sales org-US05 and dc- U4.

This PR00 is for the customer who is actually ordering the Material.

Step: 7

Create Sales Order

T-code: VA01

Create sales order for eg. with plant -DEL1, customer-7000006001, material-5000000994.

And INTERCOMPANY DELIVERY TYPE NB and NLCC

Reward if useful to u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Guru,

The problem we face is that in path:

Path: IMG – SD --Billing -- Intercompany Billing -- Assign Organizational unit by Plant we only can link one plat to one sales organization. so we can only bill to one instead we want to link to 3 or more sales organizations so that we can bill to more

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blom

For this issue u create a virtual plant. And link the sales org. to that plant.

or try with Assign Organizational Units to the External Plants.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blom,

1.Assign revelant supplying plant (1010) to org.unit

2.maintain new sale area

3.create CM RECORD With supplying sale area

4.assign that internal customer no(say 100,101..) to the relevant sale org(say german s.org,French s.org…)

5.assign the supplying plant (1010) to new sale area(german s.area.french s.area…)

6.material should be extend to all sale area, plant.

Try this.reward if it is useful

MCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blom,

I know what you are talking about, the transaction OMGN.

Yes, you are right there you can only link a DEBI customer , with that respective Sales Area.

We have lots of I/C operations. The best thing to do is Create a NEW SALES AREA and link all the Intercompany plants to that sales area---Transaction OVX6.

You also need to extend the DEBI's to this sales area.

And also the Payer's should be extended to this sales area.

This should solve your Problem of Billing.

Please do let me know if you find any further problems.

Thanks

Murtuza

This should solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

sounds very good, gonna test this today.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have customized as you have stated but still are not able to create an intercompany invoice. To describe our situation: An Italian customer sends an order to our Italian sales org (4000). The order is keyed in (sales org 4000) and the delivering plant is 1010 (belonging to another sales org 1000). From 1010 we deliver directly to the Italian customer and we send him the invoice. So far, so good. To send also an intercompany bill (from 1010 tot 4000) we should assign plant 1010 to sales org 4000 (customizing: Assign Organizational Units to the Plants). If we then assign 1010 to 4000 an intercompany bill is generated, but the problem is that also our German, French, UK offices get their orders by delivering plant 1010. In customizing we can only assign 1 sales org to one delivering plant, but we would like to assign n sales org to 1 delivering plant.

I hope I made myself clear and furthermore thanks again for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blom,

I understand your issue.

You need to create a Dummy(logical) Plant (0000) and assign a procurement key (XX) to this plant.

Assign the dummy plant to the company code.(0000)

Make sure you assign all the plants whom you think you would be billing to this company code(0000).

Do all the basic definitions and assignments for this new plant and company code.

Make sure to assign new logical Sales Org to the company code.(0000)

All the markets(plants) would be placing the orders to this Dummy plant which inturn creates an MRO to the Manufacturing Plants, This would be possible by pointing the write Procurement keys.

Once the Manufacturing plant ships the goods , then you can invoice the the customer.

Do not forgot the basic steps of extending materials to the plants involved.

Extending the Customer to the supplying plants Sales org.

Let me know if face any further issues.

Thanks

Murtuza