cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of ABAP Proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have transported my XI objects from the development to the quality assurance system. No do I also need to transfer the proxies in the R/3 systems? Or just generate them in the new system?

Can you advise on how to?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

--->No do I also need to transfer the proxies in the R/3 systems? Or just generate them in the new system?

Yes, you need to..

Can you advise on how to?

Use SAP's Transport Request...

Regards,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, u need to trnasport the proxy objects from Dev to Q environment.You can check for Outbound proxies, from SE38 open u r proxy program, goto UTILITIES>Versions>Version management , it would shown to u the latest transport request.Goto SE09 transport organiser and check your transport and release that transport.

Hope it will helps

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Schotanus,

<b>I have transported my XI objects from the development to the quality assurance system. No do I also need to transfer the proxies in the R/3 systems? Or just generate them in the new system?</b>

U dont need to create proxy again in ur new system!!!

u can transport it....and u have to transport it from R/3

You need to assign all development objects i.e. abap proxy's to proper class/package and to the transport request.

Assign package to all proxys, it will ask you for Change request. You can assign all object to one change request or different change request depending on your project guidelines.

Then you can ask Basis team to transport it...Before transporting check your request for errors and consistency.

<b>In case u have saved ur proxy objetcs in $TMP</b>.

..then also u can transport it

just click on the created proxy and then go to menu "GO TO" there click on object directory entry and give any package name .

after that it will ask for transport request object,there create your own transport request.

go to SE09 and u can find ur package for transport.

this is how we transported our proxies from $TMP to our known package with transport request created on fly.

But remeber you need to release request/task before transporting. Either you or Basis team can release request/task before transporting.

hope it will help you!!

regards

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Proxy objects are transported just like any other ABAP object. U can do the transport. It would not be any problem

Regards,

Shabari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you have to Transport u r proxies with in R/3 dev to Quality Systems.

Guess this link can help u

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/10/different-types-of-mapping-in-xi

**Reward if helpfull**