cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI gurus,

I have to build an integration scenario between a Webserver-Sender and R/3-Receiver. Both the systems are define as Software Component Versions in IR. In which SCV I have to define interface objects & mapping objects?

Thanks in advance,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> Both the systems are define as Software Component Versions in IR

wrong. u never define systems as SWCV.

use one SWCV to host ur design time objects in IR.

refer sravya's blogs for basics:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

regards,

latika.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I usually develop DT, MT, IM on one SWCV and all the mappings of the scenarios on SWCW XI TOOLS. It is up to choose where you create your IR objects.

Usually each company has convenctions about how to create object, which name to use for them, etc.

I hope this will help.

Regards

Salvatore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can use any one SWCP and create a namespace and do all interface objects and mapping objects.

but if u can do it seperatly then i will be understand by client and mapping can be done in sender SWCp or receiver SWCP. that is ur wish.

Regards,

phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rams,

see for developing an interface ..i mean to develop the <b>Webserver-Sender and R/3-Receiver</b> scenario...u have to create the objects of IR and ID.. and for that u need to create a namespace in IR.

what i want to say is u cant use 2 SWCV's for developing a single scenario....

u can use anyone..!!!So choose anyone SWCV and develop ur scenario there.

regards

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is upto you how many SCV you want to create and import in IR, but all the design objects should be under one SCV only for a particular scenario.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

-->Both the systems are define as Software Component Versions in IR. In which SCV I have to define interface objects & mapping objects?

I didn't get your question...From my view point You can define IR objects in any one of them..

Regards,