cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying the material source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

There are 2 feeder system attached to GTS, after transferring some materials from both the feeder system having same material numbers, how am i gonna Identify which material came from which feeder system in GTS ?

Hope the question is Clear...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilyas,

Just adding on to Goapl's answer, this is what the online SAP help says about Logical system groups :

<i>"This is useful <b>if you have several feeder systems that are connected to the same customs server</b>, for example. You can reduce data maintenance considerably by grouping together feeder systems with the same document structures and organizational structures."

"You have harmonized the master data and the customizing between the various feeder systems that you want to group together. If you do not harmonize master data and customizing, some of your data does not appear in SAP Global Trade Services (SAP GTS). For example, if you have two separate materials in two separate feeder systems that have, however, the same material number and you transfer the material master data using a feeder system group, SAP GTS only receives one material number. So one material is missing in SAP GTS."</i>

Now, regarding the identification of material source, in each of the logical systems, the master data is unique, e.g. materials, plants, storage locations, customers, vendors and

company codes. So this can help u identify the logical system.

Dunno have i made myself clear or not !!

Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant & Gopala,

Thanks for the Reply, Could you plz tell me how to harmonize the feeder system master data,

secondly,once the harmonized master data is transferred to GTS server, how to identify which material belongs to which feeder system.

Hope the question is clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe I can help you:

1. To use two feeder systems in one logical system group it isnecessary that the same material numbers are also the same materials. f.e. material with materialnumber 4711 in system 1 has to be the same as material with materialnumber 4711 in system 2.

If this it not the case you should not use one logical system group, because GTS fetch only the last material transfer and the data of thefirst transfer will be ignored.

To harmonize the data you can setup a central master data team, which takes care of the materialnumbers or you have a central master data server.

2. If you're sure that the same material numbers n both systems represent the same items you can use the logical system group. And now to your question:

Maybe you use different RFC users for data transfer, than you can sleect all materials created by RFC user from system1 or system2.

Otherwise you can select the numbers you have in GTS system in the table MARA on your feeder system. If you find entries you know where the material came from.

GTS does not support the identification, because it is not the sense of logical groups.

Hope this would make it clear to yo, otherwise please respond again.

Regards, Melanie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilyas,

Scenario 1: Both belong to different systems & different logical system group

Scenario 2: Both belong to different systems but same log' system group

In the first scenario, you will be able to identify each materials distinctly. Material number is NOT the key in GTS unlike R/3 (MARA-MATNR). Combination of source system group + material + product category from R/3 is the key. this is then assigned to a unique GUID. In /SAPSLL/PNTPR table as well as in all PR* tables you will be able to fetch the materials uniquely using this GUID. All material related transactions also have log' system group as a selection criteria.

Second scenario, I refer to Melanie's reply, that the data is likely to get overwritten each time change pointers send the material from both the systems.

Regards,

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logical System Group is used for this purpose.

Regards