cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eventing across windows (from popup to parent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On click of a button in the popup I want to be able to fire a plug on a particular view in the parent window.

Is there any way to do that? I notice that I cannot create outbound plugs across windows? (Am i missing something here?)

thanks,

rakshit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakshit,

Make one action on any button click.

Make one method in your component controller.

Make one event in your Component controller from Event tab. Now, for calling this event, write following code in method created above.

wdThis.wdFireEvent<Event name>();

Now, call this component method from your popup view based on whatever action.

Now, in your parent view, make one event handler from methods tab.Here, select your event source as your component controller select event in Subcribed event field.

Now, write code whatever you want like changing the view, inside this event handler.

I think its clear to you. If you get some problem, with this then come back to me.

Regards,

Bhavik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are using a pop up window when you fire an event within that window you can access only within that.

Since javascript is not supported in Webdynpro directly

I fear that you cannot make any reference to your parent window inform of fireplug plug.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rakshit,

when you create a pop you'll be creating event hadlers for the buttons you are adding into the pop up. In the event handler write the code which would fire the plug to view you want.

regards,

rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For eventing accross the windows the event has to be routed through the controller.

1)create a method in the controller.

2)create an event in the controller.

3)fire the event in the created method.

4)call the controller method from the popup window

5)Handle the event in controller event fired in the parent window.

I hope I have understood your requirement correctly.

regards

Noufal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakshit,

Create an event in your controller. Fire that event from your pop up view. Handle that event in your parent view and through the event handler fire the desired plug.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Nibu.