cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT2 duplicate PS network activities showing in personal template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using SAP_APPL 4.7, support pack 22 and SAP_HR 4.7, support pack 10.

I don't know much about CATS & PS, but I provide our end user support.

We are using transaction CAT2 to report hours worked against PS network activities. We have run into a glitch when using the 'Save as Template' feature which creates a personal template. In our situation a person will add a network activity in the data entry area of CAT2. After they input their time they press the 'save as template' icon. Then when they enter CAT2 the following week to report their time, the network activity is still listed in the data entry area for them to enter their time. This part is working fine.

Now let's assume someone goes into project systems (CJ20N) and changes the network activity description (which shows in CAT2 as a informational output field). The person entering time then goes into CAT2. Their template is showing the network activity in the data entry area with the old description. When they input their hours and press enter, the new network activity description is pulled in on the time sheet, overlaying the old original description. At this point they still see one entry in their time sheet. Now here is the glitch - if the person goes in the following week to enter their time, they see two entries in the data entry area - one with the old description and one with the new description. Both records show the same network activity number, but now 2 records are appearing in their template because the description changed.

Our 'work around' has been to have people delete their personal template and recreate it from scratch if they see these 'double entries' due to a description change. Does anyone know a better way to handle this or if there is 'fix' that we can apply to correct this issue so we don't see two records? I did some looking in OSS, the only duplicate entry reference I could find was OSS note 1058293, however it was related to WBSs and was not for our release. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

I have to create new strategy or change old one like time based / performance based strategy , so that pls kindly give to right t code and path if it is configurations area also

my mail id

chaplie@sify.com

Regards

Edwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like this is considered to be standard SAP. My next step will be to contact SAP directly and see if they have any additional feedback

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie.

When writing into CAT2 screen data is pulled when pressing enter. If a person has a wrong cost center, e.g., this cannot be changed by changing the persons cost center only. All the hours have to be deleted and rewritten for CAT2 then pulling the correct cost center.

Considering this behaviour of the system it would be a consequence that CAT2 pulls the new text but lets the existing entries unchanged.

You have not said anything about the written hours. Are these duplicated as well? If you open an OSS because of this I'd be curious to hear about the answer.

Best regards.

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Thank you for the quick response.

The written hours are not duplicated. The user sees the network activity listed twice for that week's time sheet. One entry has the current network activity description and the other entry has the old network activity description. The hours are not filled in on the screen on either activity (i.e. the hours did not carry forward from last weeks time sheet, so the time does not get duplicated.

I'm hoping someone might know how to make this stop, otherwise it appears that I will have to open up a note with SAP.

Kindest regards,

Debbie

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie.

Well, the CAT2 transaction is pulling the text every time a new entry is done and enter is pressed. Old entries are not overwritten. They should be deleted and rewritten for the new text. And that's why you have two entries for the same order.

I guess that SAP will answer that this is expected system behaviour. But I'm curious still...

Best regards.

Jens