Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit approval

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is it possible to maker credit limit approval based on alert management ? Our company requires credit limit approval in its business processes. Thanks a lot.

Rgd

Steve A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you describe more detail ? There is no relation between alert management and approval, but if you need credit limit approval, you could use query FMS or use approval stage. Alert management is a feature that will inform the selected user ae.g. alert management deviation from credit limit, it means the user can receive info that credit limit of BP has exceeded.

Rgds,

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you provide me the FMS for that ? I will appreciate it.

Rgd

Steve

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I suggest to create 3 UDFs and FMS in Sales Order (marketing document --> title) i.e.:

1. Account balance : to show the customer current balance

2. Credit limit : to show customer credit limit

3. Over credit limit : to know whether the credit limit has exceeded T0.Balance, T0.OrdersBal and T0.DNotesBal or t0.balance only.

For the third UDF, you must tick set default value for field and tick mandatory field. Th structure is regular.

The example of query FMS when defining FMS in UDF Over credit limit is :

SELECT CASE WHEN ($[ORDR.doctotal] + $[ORDR.U_CrLmt]) > $[ORDR.U_AcctBlnc] THEN 'N' END.

do not forget to tick auto refresh value when field changes : customer/vendor code and select display saved values.

have a nice try..

Rgds,

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I would like to revise my previous answer to your problem.

Just delete the previous UDF I suggested. Sorry for this mistaken.

I have explored more and find out that it would be better for your to create 4 UDFs in the sales order row line. There are also 4 FMS to be defined in the UDFs, the FMSs ares :

1. SELECT $[$38.U_CredLim.NUMBER] - ($[$38.U_AcctBln.NUMBER] + $[$38.21.NUMBER]) --> to show over credit limit amount

2. SELECT t0.creditline from OCRD t0 where t0.cardcode =$[$4.1.0] --> to show credit limit

3. SELECT sum(t0.balancet0.dnotesbalt0.ordersbal) from ocrd t0 where T0.cardcode =$[$4.1.0] --> to show all outstanding amounts of customer and its account balance.

4. SELECT CASE WHEN $[$38.U_OvCrLMt.NUMBER] >= '0' THEN 'N' END.

This FMS will block Sales order posting if the sign 'N' is missing if the no. 1 FMS is (-).

have a nice try and let me know the result.

Rgds,

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your answer. However I have seen in approval stages setup --> payment terms tab, where I can create approval for a certain document like SO if the customer' s credit limit has exceeded. I have suggested to our department but seems they dislike to use it because it will add they work. Could you let me know if there is another query or formatted search to make the approval of credit limit ?

Thanks in advance.

Rgd,

Steve

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would prefer to create 3 UDFs in business partner data (OCRD table), i.e.

1. Over credit limit (yes / no option)

2. Deviation from credit limit

3. Total balance (ocrd.balance + ocrd.dnotesbal + ocrd.ordersbal)

you need to assigned formatted search (FMS) to the UDFs above so that it really gives full info about the customer A/R and credit limit.

The 2nd is creating 2 UDFs in marketing document where one of them is similar with no. 1. and other is created in the row. If in the first UDF is No., but in the row is yes because new sales order will possible increase the total balance that made it exceeds credit limit, it means the user can't add the sales order and need approval for that.

The UDFs in the marketing document also requires FMS. Let me know if you need it.

Rgds,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shravan,

Please post it as a seperate question and I will reply on that.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suda,

I have posted it as a new thread. please provide the solution.

Thread :

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, This is the threadID

Regards,

sravan kumar pothu

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve

Couple of things, Setting the Credit Approval's based on Alerts is not really an Approval process. An Alert will alert someone after the fact. I mean the order might get entered and the alert might inform the designated person about this later.

If you really want to tighten the Credit Process, then I would suggest that you use Approval Procedures which will prevent the Order from going through.

If you want the Order to get entered and then someone should be informated about it through an Alert then you could use a Query like this. Only the Customer who is over Credit limit would show up on this Query.

SELECT T0.CARDCODE, T0.CardName

FROM [DBO].[OCRD] T0

WHERE T0.CreditLine < (T0.BalanceT0.OrdersBalT0.DNotesBal)

You can write a Query in numerous ways depending on your requirement.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

How can I restrict the user to create sales order or delivery order if customer exceeds his Credit Limit. I have tried using approval procedure through query. But it is not working. Could you please send me the exact Query. Requirement is the same, like query that you have written in this post.

My Mail ID: sravankumar.pothu@gmail.com

Regards,

Sravan Kumar Pothu

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

In SAP, there are Approval Procedures that can be setup for Credit limit validation. This is an out of the box functionality that is available.

Administration > Approval Procedures

If you look into the templates in <b>Administration > Approval Procedures > Approval Templates</b>, there is one called <b>Credit Limit</b>, you could use that.

How would you like to set the approval process and what are you referring to as Alert management?

Suda