cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to install LiveCache 7.6 on MaxDB Database on Windows 32 Bit..

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed SAP ECC 6.0 with ABAP and JAVA Stack with EP and BI on HP Unix under Oracle 10g for SAP IS Professional successfully. WFD Server is required for SAP IS Professional. So I am trying to install the SAP LiveCache in a windows 2003 System. But I am not able to do this. I have tried to install the LiveCache with the SAPINST. I have tried this SAP Netweaver Standalone Engine and there is no LiveCache for Server.. Only there is LiveCache Client and I am not able to install this.

Can you help me how will I do this? What is the procedure to install the Live cache as a standalone engine? I have no MaxDB full software.

I have only LiveCache 7.6 SAP CD and SAP Installation Master. How will I proceed. I have checked one installation Guide for LiveCache Installation, it is saying to install the LiveCache Server as standalone engine but I di not get in SAPINST master.

What will I do? Please help me ASAP. Please tell me the steps to install the live Cache ASAP if possible.

Thanks

Gautam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Every one

Once your problem solved,please update in Forums so that it will be useful for every one.please don't forget.

Thanks

SAP favourite

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Every one

Once your problem solved,please update in Forums so that it will be useful for every one.please don't forget.

Thanks

SAP favourite

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Livecache 7.6 is no more supported on 32bit platforms and thus unavailable. You´ll need to use a 64bit platform.

(http://service.sap.com/pam)

--

Markus

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your reply. If I will try to install the LiveCache 7.6 on 64 bit platform, what will the steps to install in standalone engine. Can you give me the stepas to install the the liveCache 7.6 installation in another system where no SAP is running? I will arrange the 64 bit platform and install the livecache 7.6 for WDF for SAP IS Professional.

Please reply asap. I am waiting for your reply. Installation guide is realyy confusing to install the SAP LiveCache. The have writen to install first LiveCache Server and then Client if required. There is no option in SAPINST to install the LiveCache Server.

Thanks

Gautam

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SAPINST for the 64bit platform will give you the option of installing a LiveCache as standalone engine.

The "client" is needed if you SCM/APO backend system is running on a different server. You will need to install the <b>client</b> on your SCM server.

--

Markus

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Thanks for your reply. Is it required to install the MaxDB Database software first to in stall the LiveCache Server as standalone engine? We have no MaxDB database software. Will I download the MaxDB 7.6 database software from the site and install it first and then install the LiveCache? What is for X Server installation for LiveCache? We will be using the LiveCache for SAP IS Professional for WDF Server. I will be installating this LiveCache 7.6 in another system where SAP will be not running. My SAP instance of IS professional Service is running another UNIX box. I have install the SAP with ABAP and JAVA Stack, BI JAVA EP, EP core and DI components.

Can you share me the steps to install the LiveCache 7.6 in a standalone engine as Server option?

Thanks

Gautam

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the official installation guides:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

--> SAP Business Suite Applications

--> SAP SCM

--> SAP SCM Server

--> Using SAP SCM 5.0 Server

---> Installation - SAP liveCache Technology on UNIX - NW 7.0 SR2

The LiveCache IS MaxDB software, installation is pretty straightforward if you use the installation guides.

--

Markus

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Thanks for your message. I have checked this installation guide which you mentioned but it is not showing in while executing the SAPINST which has written in installation guide.

Installation Guide of SAP NetWeaver 2004s SR2 Standalone Engine SAP liveCache Technology: UNIX (PUBLIC 12/04/2006)

Page No. 28/52 Written Like this below but It is not showing in SAPINST, only LiveCache Client installation is available in this SAP NetWeaver 2004s Standalone Engines liveCache Server liveCache Client

4. In the Welcome screen, install the liveCache server or client:

<b> liveCache server

Choose SAP NetWeaver 2004s Standalone Engines liveCache Server liveCache Server Instance Next</b> .

SAPinst creates a subdirectory for the chosen installation service below the current working directory.

liveCache client

If you intend to use liveCache with a server other than SCM, you need to install the liveCache

client software for the host where the SAP central or dialog instance runs. Otherwise, this is

not necessary.

Choose SAP NetWeaver 2004s Standalone Engines liveCache Server liveCache Client Next

Is it mandatory to install the MaxDB 7.6 software before installing the LiveCache? I have only LiveCache 7.6 CD. There is no MaxDB 7.6 RDBMS CD. WHat will I do?

Please help me ASAP

Thanks

Gautam

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said before, you need to install on a 64bit platform.

If the server is not listed on your platform then it´s not supported.

--

Markus

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

I have successfully installed the SAP LiveCache 7.6 Server / MaxDB 7.6 on HP Unix 11.23 server and SAP Live Cache client on the machine where SAP ECC 6.0 is installed for SAP IS Professional Service (WFD).When we go to LC10 and test the connection it has thrown an error(doc attached).We have checkd the rfc connection (SM59) that is also throwing an arror as in attached document.Could you please guide us in integrating ECC with stand alone live cache.We want to know what are the programs have to be started from client side and server side

and how to start them.your earlier action will be a great help for us. When I have tried to execute this x_ping LIC ( LIC is Live Cache database name) , it is giving error but x_ping <server name of the live cache) is ok. How will I configure this LC10 and RFC connection?

LC10 has given the error as follows.

Name and Server : LIC - ielqasib

DBMRFC Function : DBM_CONNECT

Error : Communication Error

Error Message : Error when opening an RFC connection

When we check the RFC connection ,it has given the error as the following screen

Connection Test SAPDB_DBM

Connection Type TCP/IP Connection

On HP multiprocessor machines, the specified time values may be incorrect.

Logon Cancel

Error Details timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' Timeout during connection setu

Error Details ERROR: timeout during allocate

Error Details LOCATION: SAP-Gateway on host erpdevib / sapgw00

Error Details DETAIL: no connect of TP sapdbmrfc from host erpdevib after 20 sec

Error Details COMPONENT: SAP-Gateway

Error Details COUNTER: 2491

Error Details MODULE: gwr3cpic.c

Error Details LINE: 5873

Error Details RETURN CODE: 242

Error Details SUBRC: 0

Error Details RELEASE: 700

Error Details TIME: Sat Nov 17 23:48:21 2007

Error Details VERSION: 2

Connection Test SAPDB_DBM_DAEMON

Connection Type TCP/IP Connection

On HP multiprocessor machines, the specified time values may be incorrect.

Logon Connection Error

Error Details Error when opening an RFC connection

Error Details ERROR: program dbmrfc@sapdb not registered

Error Details LOCATION: SAP-Gateway on host erpdevib / sapgw00

Error Details DETAIL: TP dbmrfc@sapdb not registered

Error Details COMPONENT: SAP-Gateway

Error Details COUNTER: 2495

Error Details MODULE: gwr3cpic.c

Error Details LINE: 1694

Error Details RETURN CODE: 679

Error Details SUBRC: 0

Error Details RELEASE: 700