cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login failed - DTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am a novice using DTR first time. I found no clients in Repository Browser in NWDStudio. When I tried to create a client, it asks for DTR server URL, which I am not aware of.

Also, I tried execute JDT\eclipse\plugins\com.tssap.dtr.client.vfs\ dtr.bat acts -o -U

But, I have a window prompting for username/pwd and admin/admin doesn't work(it says, "The client specified is not correct or there is no active client present"), which I think is due to non existing clients.

I was wondering if someone can please tell me how to create a client/workspace/workspacefolder in EP6 sp11.

I am trying to user scenario1 described in

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fe/a3996fa314f94f8a0c3475b08636d0/frameset.htm

Thanks for your time,

Sean

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

EP6 has nothing to do with NWDI. Are you sure you have a NWDI installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal and Ramakrishna,

Thank you for such an informative response. I was not aware that I need to install a separate server for JDI. I will now start with the installation.

Thanks again,

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I was wondering if my 1GB RAM/ 2.4GHz laptop supports both WebAS6.40 and JDI ?

Are there any hardware requirements? Also, after installing, can I stop running JDI unless while I am learning JDI?

I appreciate your time,

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to install JDI on WAS 1GB RAM/ 2.4GHz is more than sufficient.

If your WAS is runneing, JDI installed properly JDI is also availble. when you are working you work on JDI let it be like that it won't hinder you.

Regards,

RK

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Please refer to note 737368 given by SAP which details the hardware requirements for JDI.

Would suggest you go through this note as it is very informative when it comes to installing JDI.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again RK. I am trying to d/l JDI 6.40 and there are two files

1. SAPDEVINF11_0-20000267.sca (JDI ONLINE 6.40 SP11 )

2. SAPDEVINF11P_3-20000267.sca (Patch for JDI ONLINE 6.40 SP11)

There are no JDI BUILD TOOL 6.40 for SP11. Is it required? Can I install JDI BUILD TOOL 6.40 SP9 as thats the latest available? Are these compatible?

You guys are really helpful. I appreciate it.

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found the JDI Build tool sp11 on further search. I was able to find

1. SAPDEVINF11_0-20000267.sca (JDI ONLINE 6.40 SP11 )

2. SAPDEVINF11P_3-20000267.sca (Patch for JDI ONLINE 6.40 SP11)

but as per installation guide, we need

a. SAPDEVINF<SP #>.sca

b. SAPDEVINFF<SP #>.sca

and

c. SAPBUILDT<SP #>.sca

Do I install (1) or (2)?

Thanks again,

S

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

There are three files required to install JDI completely.

1. JDI Online (Marketplace Path)

Support Packages and Patches-> SAP NetWeaver-> SAP NETWEAVER-> SAP NETWEAVER 04-> Entry by Component-> Development Infrastructure->JDI 6.40->OS Independent.

2. JDI Offline (Marketplace Path)

Support Packages and Patches-> SAP NetWeaver-> SAP NETWEAVER-> SAP NETWEAVER 04-> Entry by Component-> Development Infrastructure->JDI OFFLINE 6.40->OS Independent.

3. JDI Build Tool (Marketplace Path)

Support Packages and Patches-> SAP NetWeaver-> SAP NETWEAVER-> SAP NETWEAVER 04-> Entry by Component-> Development Infrastructure->JDI BUILD TOOL 6.40->OS Independent.

Incase a patch is available for a particular SP first deploy the sca file and then the patch sca file i.e.

1. SAPDEVINF11_0-20000267.sca

2. SAPDEVINF11P_3-20000267.sca

Also your JDI SP level should always match the SP level of WAS. If WAS is on SP11 then JDI should also be on SP11.

Also make sure that all the files for JDI are having the same SP level.

Download the latest and files from marketplace using the link http://service.sap.com/download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by application Group and then follow the path mentioned above.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about reading the installation guide?

http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP NetWeaver -> Release 04 -> Installation -> Installation Guide - SAP NetWeaver JDI

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is your installation is complete,have you followed installation guide.I hope you created Track, and have access to DTR.

http://server:port/devinf with adminID and pass word shows you a track with CBS,CMS and DTR, if this works.

in NWDS create a client by giving client name,hostand local directory where you will store the applications.

Proceed further with Scenario-1

If you still have problem letus know where in which step, what error you are getting.

Regards,

RK