0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using a Tree UI Element

Customer(Tree Node type)

- Order (Tree Node type)

Item (Tree Item type)

- Purchase Order (Tree Node type)

Purchase Item (Tree Item type)

I have this in a Viewset on the left side of the screen. When I click on Item (Tree Item type) value I trigger an Action to Call a view on the left side of the viewset.

I get the following error:

<b>you can access the singleton child node 'Item' only via lead selection</b>

I am new to Webdynpro, and am not aware whether I can trigger an action to call another view in a viewset.

Please advice as to what I may be doing wrong.

Thank you.

NAC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the help guys. I channged the properties for node singleton to false and it worked.

NAC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please do not forget to close the thread.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neville,

It is a bit difficult to understand exactly the design of the application. Are you sure that your tree UI elements are actually connected to a tree-type structure in the context (i.e. recursive nodes?). Send me your project if you wish, and then I will be able to better advise you.

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you putting your value attribute in a value node.

If so you can bind them to ur UI element and select the value attribute variable through the lead selection.Make the singleton property false in ur context node.

Jus chk it.

You can call a view from the action in the viwset coz viewset is nothing but a collection of view which internally has UI element.You have to use inbound and outbound plug for the same.

Hope it helps.

Rdgs,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please give the code where you access the item?

Either change it to non-singleton(change the singleton property to false) or use wdcontext.getChildNode(<NodeName>,IWDNode.LEAD_SELECTION);

check this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your context, your nodes have one property called "Singlton". You need to make this property to false.

Try with this and let me know.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any thoughts guys....

NAC