cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on CVC creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried creating CVC using MC62 for a single product .

I get a message background job is succesfully schduled . The job is also completed but CVC are not created.

What i identified is the particular product is not available in product master.

Is it mandatory that all product should be created in product master before creating a CVC ?

Regards

BVN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it is not essential to have Product Master maintained in APO to create CVCs. Check if you have any BADI implementation in your system which does a check for Product Master while CVC creation.

BTW what is the characteristic you are using for Product - 9AMATNR?

Moreover typically when you create CVC manually it does not schedule a background job.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somnath,

Thnks for the reply.

Yes we use standard characteristic for product - 9AMATNR.

Also when i use " Create single Charactr...combination" in MC62, i get a message in the task bar *** PLOB*DELTA*SYNC shcduled successfully.

We are in version 4.0.

Please let me know is it advisable to use the re-alignment in creating the CVC combination for a single product by copying the existing one and just altering the required parameters ..

If not how to overvome this issue ?

Regards

BVN

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Valavan,

Check the following in /SAPAPO/MC62.

Select button "Create Characteristic Combinations" and see if Adjust Time Series Objects and Switch On Implemented BAdi are checked under Action Selection. Uncheck them.

Also all the options under Check Selection esp Check SCM Master Data.

Then try creating one CVC manually.

It should allow you to create the CVC successfully.

Remember to generate the according Planning Area Time Series - then only the CVC will be available for Interactive Planning.

There is no need to do realignment to create just one CVC. It is too much work.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont think so. You can always switch off the check on SCM master data that is usually switched on by default.