Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail with a file txt attached - lenght each record more than 255 chars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm using the fm SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1 to send files txt. But I have a problem with the files that have a lenght records more than 255 chars.

How can I process them without cut a record into 2 records?

Many thanks.

Luca

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a solution splitting each record at 255 chars and inserting cl_abap_char_utilities=>cr_lf at the end of each record.

0 Kudos

Can you please tell me how did you implement the class, here i have a requirement of sending 300 chars each as a record( each record in the internal table contains of 300 chars) and i am supposed to send each record in seperate line, but the FM SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1 is splitting each line into 255 chars and next line is concatenated to the first line, i do not need this, i need each line as a record ... can you help me this is a quite urgent requirement... Thanks in advace.

0 Kudos

Hi Venu Gopal Gudala,

I have the same requirement. I want 1 line per record. Did you manage to find a solution?

Thanks,

Nene