cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing With Requested Start Deadline Monitoring - can't wait for deadline.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi'

In my workflow, I have a background task with a Requested Start 14 days after workitem creation.

This works fine, but for testing purposes, I would like to 'push' this background task earlier (rather than wait 14 days to continue my test).

Do you know any tool which will allow me to execute the workitem before the deadline is reached?

Regards,

Karin.

Message was edited by:

Karin Lund

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you change the deadline to 5 minutes in your workflow Template or in your coding of attribute which you have used. If it works for 5 minutes it will surely work for 14 days. I generally practise this way:)))

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on little bit of the SAP version, you should be able to go to the specific work item in change mode. There you have a functionality, where you can change the deadline of an item. Just change it to 5 minutes from now and then just wait. Remember that the job that is checking if deadlines have been exceeded is running probably in every 5 minutes. So actually the waiting time for you can be more than 5 minutes.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi' Karri

I am in a SAP ECC 6.0 system.

The workitem is a background task. Please advise on which transaction to use to change the deadline.

Regards,

Karin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Click on the respective task from View of Workflow in Technical details->GOTO->Technical Workitem Display->Edit->Change->Change Container

But I have adoubt if it is an attribute i dont think you cn change the element. Please try I amy be wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the txn <i>SWIA</i> . Select the particular work item required and proceed as suggested by Karri.

Regds,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri

Thanks! This worked. Among the Services for Administration, I get the option Complete Wait, which pushes the workitem immidiately.

Regards,

Karin.

Message was edited by:

Karin Lund

Answers (0)