cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebate

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is difference between group rebate and hierarchy rebate. In one case we are giving rebate to the group of customer/mate and one case for hierarchy. Both are same?

If we assign rebate to hierarchy automatically it would applicable to all mate/cust under that particular hierarchy.

If we assign rebate to group automatically it would applicable to all mate/cust under that particular group

If it is correct why we are using both?

Thanks

shiv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we have hierarchy like cust hierrchy.

we can give seperate pricing agreements like discounts/rebates.(ex. reliance retail store, food world etc)

Like the same way mat/cust group.

valentin_catalin2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is not very clear for me.

What I can tell you is that rebates are working in almost the same way as pricing. So, as a principle a rebate at the level at hierarchy and rebate at the level of a group of clients are similar (only that are referring to different fields from customer master data).

Also, there is a big difference to use hierarchy (in general) - you can assign a rebate at whatever level of the hierarchy you want.

Best Regards,

Valentin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valentin,

My question is that, if we use hierarchy in rebate, rebate which is applicable to hierarchy would be applicable to the all material under that particular hierarchy.

Another case -

If we use rebate for the material group, again all the material which comes under this material group would be valid for rebate.

Now here hierarchy and material group, both's function is same, then why don't we use only one -- i.e. either hierarchy or group.

Thanks.

valentin_catalin2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well, the problem is like this:

Lets say you have and hierarchy like this :

1. Level 1 - a

2. Level 2 - aa

3. Level 3 - aaa

- 10 customers assigned to this level

3. Level 3 - aab

- 12 customers

1. Level 1 - b

2. Level 2 - ba

3. Level 3 - baa

- 5 customers assigned to this level

If you attach your rebate/discount to level aaa then 10 customers will have it.

If you attach your rebate/discount to level aa than 22 customer will have it.

My idea is that you can use different levels of the hierarchy to assign a pricing condition to them. This is the main advantage of hierarchy.

Of course, this is a good thing only when your hierarchy is suitable for this (this depends a lot on how was design).

BR,

valentin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Valentin

Thanks again.