cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customs and Excise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I place a import PO for 300 qty. I pay duties for 300 qty. But actually i receive 290 qty. But system is not loading the difference amount of duties on material. How to do that. In PO i had not put GR based IV tics. Is that a problem??

Regards,

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we do MIGO first and then MIRO for custom duties then system will load the difference of only custom duties on material ( Basic Customs + Cess on Basic customs + Secondary Ecess on basic customs)

Regards,

Rohan

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hai,

In the IMPORT purchase scenario, Before doing GR against PO, you have to capture the Planned delivery cost i.e., custom duties by MIRO. Then if you proceed to GR, the commercial invoice no should displayed, the customs related taxes will default into GR, if you receive only 290 qty, the accting entries in the GR will be

Debit stk acct - 290 * ( PO net price + Customs duties ).

credit GR/IR acct - 290 * po net price.

Credit customs clearing acct - value is for only 290 qty not for whole 300 qty.

This expecting Further GR against PO. it will not load the diff amt of duties on material since this are Customs clearing acct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in case of an imports PO, the invoicing for customs duty is done before the GR in the system thus the GR quantity ideally cannot effect the cutoms invoice.

reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rohan,

Yes.your valuation are happened only for 290qties from GR to IV.But in Invoice if you give 300 then it will post the differnce to your stock.Check your accounts.If you select GR based IV then it will show correct amount according to qty.

regards

venkadesh