cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test ABAP Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to test inbound ABAP Proxy from XI? My integration scenario is between WebService and ABAP proxy. Can I test Proxy from XI without the involvement of WebService?

Regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its very easy...goto R3->SPROXY->choose ur interface->press F8(test/execute interface)->u will get a popout->check the last option( XML payload)->again execute->now put the payload there->execute-> under successfull execution u will get...message processed without error->under payload u can see the output.

regards

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all your replies.

I wanted to test not just my ABAP proxy (sorry if I am not clear in my first query). I would like to test the design & configuration objects in XI also. Is there any way I can trigger a message as a sender?

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>I would like to test the design & configuration objects in XI also</b>

u can test the message mapping and interface mapping ...but for objects like...Data Type ,message type,Message interface ...u cant test...i mean...u r only designing here....and in Directory....receiver D, Interface D etc...also u cant test... u can just check ..wheather u have given the correct entry or not....here u r just configuring.......To test ur whole scenario... u have to send data from sender system to receiver system via XI...

<b>Is there any way I can trigger a message as a sender?</b>

No u can't.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>Is there any way I can trigger a message as a sender?

No u can't.....

Of course, you can. And there is not a single way to achieve this.

Option1 : Use a HTTP Client. Give the Sender System details as Webservice and trigger the message.

Option 2 : Using Test Message Tab in Runtime Work Bench to send the msg to IE again maintaining the Sender System details as Webservice.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai Shankar,

Thanks for your reply. But I don't have 'Test Message Tab' in Runtime Work Bench. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Runtim Work Bench -->Component Monitoring --> Adapter Engine -->Test Message

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible

Make sure you change the URL to the one similar to what Michal has shown in his blog.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jai Shankar. This is what I am looking. Points rewarded.

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey jai,

actualli didnt get RAMs question....i thought he want to treat a message as a sender system :):)

@ ram.... u can ..using any HTTP client..

and form RWB also

all the best!!

biplab

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

You can test it betwenn XI and R/3 to know whether data is being sent by XI to proxy properly or not. Rest of the connections can be tested later on.

Regards,

Sarvesh

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

copy the payload of the inbound from the SXMB_MONI and goto the Sproxy TC in R/3 and there oyu have option to execute the proxy....paste the payload there and test it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rams,

Take the XML payload from SXMB_MONI,

Go to SPROXY

Place break points in your Code

in SPROXY press F8 and place ur payload in it and Test.

Reward points if helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Use the test proxy proveded in the SPROXY without the need of Webservice You will require only the message to be transferred to proxy

Regards