jlaunch.exe

jlaunch.exe

jlaunch.exe

msg_server.exe

sapstatsrv.exe

sapstatsrv.exe

jcontrol.exe

enserver.exe

But I do not get any java.exe on the task mgr.

From this I conclude that on previous installation, the J2EE engine must not be a Java Engine, but an executtable, and therefore faster than other msg servers.

Is that correct ?

Also, Does the new version of WAS still use a non-java J2EE ?

Thanks, John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

your conclusion "the J2EE engine must not be a Java Engine" is not correct. It <b>is</b> implemented in Java.

The executables that you see in the task manager are actually the processes used to start the Engine. You don't see the java.exe as the replacement of it within the J2EE Engine is the jlaunch.exe. The Java VM is actually loaded within the JLaunch process. This way, the three jlaunch processes actually represent the server process, the dispatcher process and the SDM process of your J2EE Engine. Jcontrol is the process that starts & controls the Jlaunch processes. You can get more info on that <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ec/4e60148951924686c8aec9a3fd753d/frameset.htm">here</a>.

>> Also, Does the new version of WAS still use a non-java J2EE ?

All versions of the Web AS Java use the same startup & control framework.

Hope this explains things a bit.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikas:

Not sure I explained my question well

Basically I am not asking about the GUI's at all, they are java.

Actually I am asking about the J2EE engine.

If the J2EE engine is an executable probram (ex: prg.exe), it will run faster than a java program (java.exe), because java is an interpreter, not an executable.

When I have the J2EE running, I never see a java.exe in the Task Mgr, I do see a msg_server.exe

So I think that the J2EE engine is actually an executable rather than a java.exe program, which would be a good thing since it might be faster.

I was wondering if someone could confirm this?

I was also wondering if someone could tell me if the new install uses a J2EE that was programmed in java or compiled as an executable ?

Thanks, John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

1. java.exe will be seen when you run sapinst,during the installation.

I am not clear what you are asking?

My interpretation is :

WAS is of 2 types now:

WAS Java System

WAS ABAP system.

If you are using WAS Java system,that you cannot log into SAP using the frontened GUI.

If you are using ABAP system,then you can login from the SAP GUI.

WAS Java system is used for Portal installation.

As far as J2EE engine is concerned,it does not matter if it is on Java System/ABAP System.

I hope I am clear.

Reply back

Pleae award points ,if my answer helped you.

Rgs

vikas