Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS-Number Range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

In DMS i have maintained separate number range for each document type

<b>For one of the document type my client requirement is it should be alphanumeric ie it can either start with an alphabet or number</b>,I tried to create by assigning AAAA to ZZZZ as a number range & assigned it to that doc type,Here If i try to start with number system is throwing an error saying that "Doc no is not within external number range"

The same range i have given in the material master for some material types,here iam not facing such problem

Why it happens so?

I don't even have the groups option in DMS number range to create a separate group

How to solve this issue?

Awaiting for quick replies

SVP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you define numberrange as AAAA to ZZZ. The following document numbers are possible

1) only alphabets

2)combination of alphabets and numerals

but not numerals.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Laxminarasimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laxminarasimha ,

I would like to allow little bit more clarity,it will allow to have either alphabet or a number as the first digit,This is the number range i have assigned to a material type in the material master number range definition

When i try to replicate the same in DMS number range maintenance its not allowing me to enter number as the first digit

Why is it so?

How to resolve this?

Hope u would have got my exact query now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined number ranges from AAAA to ZZZZ as external.

Then I created document with number as '1A'. it is allowing me to create documents with number as first digit. I haven't done any additional settings.

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laxminarsimha

i tried again in development server & also in IDES but still its not working,Why is it so????What could be the possible reasons?

This is how i did

I created s.no for number range-say 10 & gave range(AAAAAAAAAA to ZZZZZZZZZZ)

Then assigned 10 as external number range to that particular document type & saved

When i tried to create a document for this document type with doc name as 1A -system is not allowing me to create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will you please send me screen shots to laxminarasimha@gmail.com

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you maintain this number range as internal or external number range for the documetn type in transaction DC10.

Please verify that you have maintained the correct number range in DC10 for the fields

Internal Number Range

External Number Range

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (0)