cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP XI (SAP PI) important for SAP Retail Implementation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For SAP Retail Implementation along with SAP Triversity, how important is SAP XI (or SAP PI) for the system landscape.

Is any other middleware available in the market? Please give me more info on this. Is this third party middleware fully integrated with SAP Retail & SAP Triversity?

Thanks,

Raja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It’s not necessary!!

SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI) enables you to implement cross-system processes. It enables you to connect systems from different vendors (non-SAP and SAP) in different versions and implemented in different programming languages (Java, ABAP, and so on) to each other. SAP Exchange Infrastructure is based on an open architecture, uses open standards (in particular those from the XML and Java environments) and offers those services that are essential in a heterogeneous and complex system landscape.

With regard to POS lot of domestic softwares are avilable other than Triversity.

The SAP for Retail solution portfolio includes customer-centric solutions from SAP Triversity, an SAP company. The applications from SAP Triversity focus on the "sell" side of retailing. They enable retailers to deliver a best-in-class customer experience across all channels, while helping them to optimize their operating efficiencies and increase profitability.

You can integrate thirdparty POS system to SAP.

http://www.saptriversity.com/

Bye,

Muralidhara

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

integration arises question of gurantee of delivery - all data deliveried lossless.

for sales audit, check functions, agregation and fast processing see also info for POS DM (data management) + also analytics capabilities

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/fa/c4b336c50eb24a908711365b43d049/content.htm (and press on <i>arrows</i> icon)

if you implementing SAP Retail and SAP POS you better use Transnet to transfer files from stores to main server + XI or use only XI, but still XI has bad monitoring capabilities. May be 7.1 version will have good one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muralidhara for reply.

I understand that SAP recommends SAP XI to be used as Middleware when we are connecting SAP Retail system to POS system (Assume we have home grown POS system).

If a customer doesn't want to implement SAP XI, what happens to the Middleware in this case?

please clarify.

thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use ALE as middleware if you dont want to use XI.

Regards,

ManiKumaar