cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proactive JDBC Connection Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the Web AS provide any monitoring tools for the JDBC Connector service that produce alerts when a datasource service loses connectivity with its database?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

It needs indepth knowledge about WAS6.40 to help out in this regard. Your requirement is very unique. Please post this thread in Web AS General, you will have a lot of supporting replies

Thanks & Regards,

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kathirvel, this is the general information I was looking for. It looks like from the documentation link you sent, that the Connector service, in general can be monitored, but not specific datasource services running under the connector adapter. My specific question is if an external database goes down for any reason (maintenance, etc.), the JDBC connector datasource alias stops running and manually has to be restarted by the administrator. Does anyone know if the WAS 6.40 has a "heartbeat" monitor" for these and can restart the WAS JDBC datasource service automatically after database is started again?

Thanks,

-Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Did you find any solution to restart JDBC Connector datasource service automatically when the external database is restarted.

Please share with us if any helpful alternative are available.

Thanking You

Regards

Vinay Rane

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

chris,

did ur problem got solved?update us.

Rdgs,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos
guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Refer this tutorial written by me and I think it will address your problem.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/d-f/fine-tun... the java database connection.40

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

The below link can be helpful, but it is only on demand monitoring system,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/68/f4bc3deaf28d33e10000000a11405a/content.htm

Thanks,

Kathirvel