cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XL Reporter - CreateDate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for the Dimension that represents the OINV.CreateDate in XL Reporter. I need to bring records of marketing docs that were created/added in SBO within a date range.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noor

It will be a light dimension and I think this should be it - ixGet("SO_TaxDate")

You can create 2 parameters (Category = Literal; Type = Date) to set a range.

Regards

Daan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daan,

The ixGet("SO_TaxDate") represents the "Document Date". I need to bring throught the System Date that the Document was created on and not the date that the user enters. I need to create an "analysis of dates that documents were actually created on" as a spreadsheet for a customer using XL Reporter and this will be analysed on a regular bases by a supervisor. This is to see who is posting documents regularly and who is delaying the creating and are "back dating" docs. Its a staff perfomance management requirement.

Thanks

Would it be possible to pull through this field using the "Formular Builder>Functions>Other>Get Other Data ???

If so, where can i get more info on using this feature o XL Reporter? eg. syntax for the "Condition"

Thanks

Message was edited by:

Noor MC Jooma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Noor,

It does not seem like Created Date is not available.

Consider that SAP Invoice cannot be changed once added, would Posting Date itself resolve what you want?

What I understand from SAP support is that: Get Other Data is used to obtain additional information independently. You cannot link the field in the exisitng definition, neither you can use the parameter in the condition in Get Other Data.

The only piece of information I can find at this stage about Get Other Data is Help within XL Reporter.

If you decide to use Get Other data, just watch out where you place it because the display of data will overlap and thus overwrite the output of Get Other Data.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I meant to say Create Date is not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwu,

Unfortunately, I cannot rely on the other dates in the AR Invoice since they can be edited or manually entered by the user when he/she/it is "Adding" the document. The only field in the OINV table that is not editable by the user and is the system date AT THE TIME OF CREATING AN INVOICE is the OINV.CreateDate field. There could be a way of doing it using a UDF in the OINV Object with a Formatted search on an "UNABLED” that will return the System Date.....BUT.....that would be re-inventing the wheel. The field is there already, with the relevant and integrities in place. I just need access to it via XL Reporter.

It is surprising that one would not be able to access an external data source with a comparative from the XLR's Dimensions/Light Dimensions or any of the Properties within the XL Reporters ResultSet. I also wondered why there is no feature on the "Get Other Data" that would allow it to log into SBO db with the internal credentials that are set in the XLR. What if the Report Creator/SBO User changes their password for SAP??? The "Get Other Data" Company Access Credential is currently static and will not be incorrect when the report is run thereafter. I think this should be looked into and maybe this is a case for a Development Request for the SAP Product Manager. Any comments on this Guys?

I have inserted a Column in the place where i intended on placing the "Created Date" Field in.

We'll I’m stumped on this one.....I don't want to go back to the client with a "Non-Deliverable Request" so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Bye the way: On the Message Node that YOU create, there is an icon that u can click to edit the message that you previously typed...for acuracy and clarity.

Message was edited by:

Noor MC Jooma

Answers (0)