cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule usage in Document template creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In our scenerio,I am using document template(TS) creation step in WS.

In this task I have created different word document templates.In my requirement based on the user, any one of the document template should come for creation.(not all the document templates).How can I do the config for that?Does it work,suppose the task is assigned with a Rule(The template is in creation mode)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I tried it in some other ways ,but I didnt find any result..... Suppose I use object type (standard)WF_DOC for background task what is the method u may suggest?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Kjetil Kilhavn,

Can we assign the rule in background task?Can u explain your view ........?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Use of background step indicates that it is additional step prior to your Document template. Do the processing what you were supposed to do in rule , get the required results from this step , store them in workfow container elements and Use them in your Document for template step.

Regds,

Akshay

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would of course have to pass all relevant information as parameters to the method used in the background step, i.e. the rule and any information needed for the rule evaluation. That is, unless you want to start reading workflow template definitions to make it dynamic, but I would at least not recommend <u>starting</u> there

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps you need to use a background step that evaluates this before calling your document creation step.

Former Member
0 Kudos