Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer UI to Desktop Widget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I have a UI developed in Visual Composer (VC) which would be the most easiest way to convert it to a desktop widget.

My main requirement is to display VC UIs as desktop widgets, any widget technology (Adobe AIR, Yahoo! Widget, etc..) would be fine.

Best Regards,

Tarun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

See this demo:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60ccec9e-a801-2a10-7d90-8dcfa3e6...

I do that in here. The Yahoo Widget Engine doesn't natively support this, so I had to use a plugin WebBrowser4Widgets to do this.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

See this demo:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60ccec9e-a801-2a10-7d90-8dcfa3e6...

I do that in here. The Yahoo Widget Engine doesn't natively support this, so I had to use a plugin WebBrowser4Widgets to do this.

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I could not find the download urls for the required dlls (namely IEwidget.dll and IEwidget_nat.dll) to run the WebBrowser4Widget.

Best regards,

Tarun

0 Kudos

Here is an older version of the widget with the plugin:

<Removed obsolete link>

Edited by: Prakash Darji on Dec 17, 2007 9:02 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Could you please send an updated link for Downloading this widget.

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos

Hey Aadil,

I removed this obsolete link. Actually, in the next major release of the BI Data Widget (V3.0), Yahoo natively supports html objects now, so I'm planning on adding native graph support by using either Visual Composer charts or BEx Web Application Designer charts. I've uploaded a demo to SDN which should be available shortly for this new capability. There are quite a few things that need to be worked out for this next big release, so I anticipate we'd have something Januaryish, but no promises. Therefore, I'm not distributing this obsolete hack we had before anymore as the workaround required a ton of work. Now, this new version is much improved, so stay tuned.

Cheers,

Prakash