cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Display SWF file or Flash file in Web Page Composer (WPC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am goning to add & display 'swf file or flash file' in <b>Web Page Composer</b>.

But it is not allowing me to do so.I tried by three ways

1} to upload this file directly from local machine & to add in WPC

2}By using linklist option

3}By creating KM Document iview;which contain swf file.& then adding that iview in wpc.

but at last it is not displaying though allowing to add it in WPC.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal -

So it does allow you to add the file to a container?

And you configured the container to allow swf files?

Sys Admin --> Sys Config --> Knowledge Mgt --> Content Mgt --> WPC --> Containers --> <container name>.

Under Allowed Mime Types, select "swf". Then Save.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thank you very much .......your detail answer helped me a lot.

But let me share my experience with you.........

When i done editing as per my requirement as per your suggestions........I uploded swf from my PC in site content & then added to page........& able to display in page.

But the little problem is here that when i uploded swf in site content & clicked on it ,,,,,,,,,,it displays a part of it but not whole....................& same replicate in page also.

so for the solution i made changes in site content source code & again upload it .........then & then only it displays a whole flash.......

Do you think any better solution for it?

also in page when i go again to edit that specific container which include that swf/flash........the edit options while getting on clicking on pencil icon goes behind to that swf/flash..............

And one more..........whatever the another 2 ways which i explained in first post are not successful still i.e. by making 1) iview 2) by linklist.............

i think it should be done with KM Document iview but still i coulden't configure it out..................any clue about it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm. Not sure. Let me try to replicate what you are doing.

Possibly there is a Flash version inconsistency between what you are using and what SAP supports???

I'll get back to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the same boat..

Tried this and it worked.

1) Uploaded an HTML with an OBJECT tag into Content Admin > KM > root > Web Content > Sites > <mywebsite> > Site Content >

2) Uploaded the swf into the same folder. In the above html, referenced the swf using the /irj/../my.swf path.

3) Go to WPC, create a web page and add the html from the 1st step. This plays the swf well.

This method doesn't need adding more mime types to the container.

The only issue is, when I click on the ADD menu item in the web page editor, the flash file overlays the menu so, the menu items are hidden.

Thanks,

Kiran

Edited by: Kiran on Sep 3, 2009 3:22 PM

javierrojasrami
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi Kirian,

I'm really new in wpc.

I have the same problem, Display SWF file or Flash file in Web Page Composer. I did not understand the solution you posed.

can you help?. explaining how to do step by step to implement your solution.

thanks for you help me.

javier...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your valuable solution.

But let me tell you that; as i am new user for WPC ,had not created a container as there are already few created.

ex.<b> wpc container default cell A1,wpc container default cell A2</b> etc. & in it Allowed Mime Types :<b>gif,JPE,jpeg,JPEG,JPG,jpg,png </b> are present .

So tell me is there any need to create new container? & How to add <b>swf</b> in Mime

It will be helpful for me if you put your solution step by step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal -

First... we are all new to WPC!

Second, no I don't think you need to create a new container. I think that you just need to add the swf type as an allowed type for the container.

So...

Figure out which container you are trying to add the flash file to (as you mentioned, A1, A2, etc).

Navigate to:

Sys Admin --> Sys Config --> Knowledge Mgt --> Content Mgt --> WPC --> Containers.

Edit the container you want to use.

There will be a box named Allowed Mime Types.

In here, select the "swf" mime type (make sure the check box is checked). Then Save.

At my company, we had the WPC ramp up from SP12, and are now on SP13.

I'm not sure what you get if the first time you had WPC is SP13, but for us I see two default A1 (and A2...B1..C4...etc) containers -- one that has "default" in the name and one that has "def" in the name. From what I see, SP13 WPC uses the one with "def" in the name, not "default". So, make sure you modify the one with "def" in the name.

After you make this change, you should see "swf" in the list inside the container when you are editing a page.

Is this clearer? I wish I could attach a screenshot.