cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Issue - Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue to resolve.

our user has created a sales order (s1) with 2 materials e.g material1 and material2 for customer c1.

In past another sales order(s2) for material1 of same quantity and for same customer c1 had been created and material had been despatched in august. That sales order was only for material1.

Now what the system did that yesterday when user created a new sales order (s2), system created a sales order and gave the same number as the old sales order had. system simply have added material2 in old sales order and returned its number.

I cannot understand that why system did this. I have advised user to create a new sales order and this time, system has generated a new order number.

Any ideas that why system behaved like this and if i delete item20 which system had added in sales order (s1) instead of creating new sales order then is it OK as despatch advice and invoice for that order had been created in august too??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

its only possible if the user has used the same sales order. else not.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I replied the same. but user is insisting.

anyways, since a new order has been created for this today so i have to delete item20 on old sales order. can i delete it via va02??It wont affect DA and invoice??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can delete it if no delivery is created.

saurabh

valentin_catalin2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this (to delete this item from the old sales order) only if this item was not delivered / invoiced.

You can check this very easy by going in VA02, select the correct position that you want to delete and push the document flow button (or F5 function key, or in the menu Environment -> Display document flow). Doing this you can see the document flow for the item (not for the header of the document). If this item has not following document that you should be able to delete it.

Also you can check what is the item status - go into item details - page "Status". Here overall status should be Open.

Best Regards,

Valentin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The possibility is the same as mentioned above. To find this you can check for the document date for that sales order(S2), which should not be same as that of S1 and also you check for the details of changes made to the document from 'Menu-Environment-changes'- from the initial sales document (S1).

Thanks

Ravi