cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about enhancement of cancelling invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I use Tcode-VF11 to cancel the invoice, I hope the system can give me a hint if the invoice's post date not in this period : "Forbid to cancel the invoice which not belongs to this period!" How to achieve it? Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think SAP gives you any message like that.

I believe that this is more related to FI period.

When you cancel SD billing document, by default you cancel it with the date the billing document is created.

However, FI period is closed between the time you created billing document and do cancellation of the billing document, your VF11 works yet no accounting document created.

The error message you get is 'Posting period xxx year is not open'.

hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,Thanks for your answer!

but when I cancel the invoice which not belongs to this period, I can't get the error message you said. Should I make some configuration about it? Where can I find it ?

Thank you

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sindy,

You can enable the same by means of some user exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! I already tried using the exit SDVFX007, but when I test, some invoice can be prevented from cancelling, some however can be cancelled. I don't know why . Is the exit I used wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why?I'm worried about that...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sindy

If you want to restrict invoice cancellation, through user authorization, you can control the same.

Alternatively, you can also try with User Exit <b>RV60AFZCC</b> FORM USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE_INV_DATE to control this.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You close All FI period(OB52) except the current one. Then you will get warning message and FI document for the invoice will not be created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not anyone answer my question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

in other words&#65292; the purpose is to prevent the users from cancelling invoices which not belongs to this period. Any other solutions?