cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shifting from Moving average to standard price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Presently we are following for all our Inhouse produced materials with Moving average price,we want to change all the materials to Standard price,is it possible to change & if in case if stock is there we will not be able to change,Shall we have to create New material codes with price control S.

whats the best solution

Thanks

Sandeep patil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can changeth eprice control from S to V or V to S. Once you change the way accounting entries follow will change.

No need to go form new material.

Are you using ML?

If ML is there then we need to be careful....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh

Can U please tell me what is ML & its impact.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

ML is meterial ledger.

It is used in following cases.

- You have mutliple currencies and to see the stock in differnt currancies.

- You want to see the variances to be carried to different levels of BOM and see the periodic price of the product even though the price control is S.

Hence system will count all the variances and during ML closing steps calculate the variances and send to the higher level of BOM after chaning the periodic price of that raw materil. Hence at higest product level you will come to know exact production cost as well as level by level subassembly cost.

With this cost you can revaluate the material so that the S price will change to this periodic price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh

My question is once I change Material price with price control -v value (80rs),

& once I redo cost run through ck11n & relese it through ck24,will there be a change in price,how this will affect.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

When You have a Stock for that material with Valuation V and you change that in to Standard price the Whole value of the Stock gets in to Price Difference Accounts . After that if You Run a cost Estimate and Update the Same it goes and Updates The Standrad Price By that Period which you have maintained say Last period , Present or Future Period It depends on the Valuation Variant , Costing Variant you define.

Reward If it is useful

Regards

R.Rajaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

U can change price control at any time also if <b>stock exist for that material</b>

Check SAP help for this

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/47/60ff6249f011d1894c0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Vishal...