cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importance of Common Database in SAP B1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

Up to this point, its not very clear to me if it is necessary to back the Common Database of SAP business one.

As per documentation, it states that Common database – includes tables for basic initialization of any new company database (for example, built-in reports and system queries). This means that every new database created, this is the time when Common Database is update or something?

My main concern here is, is it necessary for me to back/restore both the common and reg company database? I need to know this as early as possible because I am not backing up this common database .

Thanks,

Beth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Lili,

The common database stores required tables that used when run company databases. it is System Databases. In addition to the SAP Business One company database with the application data, you should backup the database SBO-Common once after installation, and after each upgrade.

when creating new company database, there maybe updating process of common database beside upgradingPL.

Based on securityguide file, it states:

Creating the SBO_SP_Role in Each New Database

This role enables execution permissions only to SAP Business One stored procedures in the specific database.

The following procedure should be carried out on the SBO-COMMON database and the company database.

1. On the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio navigation pane, choose Databases → SBO-COMMON (or company database) → Security → Roles → Database Roles.

Right Click and choose New Database Role – Database Role – New window appears.

2. Enter SBO_SP_Role in the Name field and choose OK.

The list of Roles appears in the right pane.

3. Double-click the new role and choose from the left pane Securables.

4. From the right pane, press the Add button. The Add Objects window appears.

5. On the Add Objects window choose All Objects of the Types and press OK. The Select Objects Types window appears. Choose Stored Procedures. Press OK to confirm and close the window.

6. For SAP Business One stored procedures, select the EXEC option in the bottom pane.

Stored procedures might change in future releases of SAP Business One, therefore, this role should be updated accordingly. Instructions to change the role due to changed stored procedures will be included in the documentation of future versions.

See Appendix A – Stored Procedures in SBO-Common and Appendix B - Stored Procedures for Regular Company

Rgds,