cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbolic Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP HR. Can anybody explain me the concepts of Symbolic Accounts and G/L accounts and where and how they are used in Payroll?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Symbolic accounts are used for transferring employee payables, wages, and other payment related details for finance, as to allocate the payment to be taken into account for Company GL Accounts and others. Posting of all the wage types is done through Symbolic Accounts. We do not send wage types to finance. Symbolic accounts are indirect integration between HR and FI.

Hope this helps,

Reward points if helpful,

Thank You,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can u please tell me wat r G/L accounts and wats their use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The General Ledger (G/L) account is a classification scheme which groups together similar materials. It facilitates the processing of accounting transactions.

In SAP system, the balance sheet account can be assigned to the symbolic account.

Hope this helps,

Reward points appreciated,

Thank You,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the program RFFOUS_T in payroll?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is the print program for printing direct deposit slips

Reward if useful

Thanks,

Haritha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haritha,

Thanks for prompt reply. Actually i have a querry associated to this program...when using this program, the company code is getting picked up on the basis of payment date, which i dont want...becoz want to move employee to different company code...so how to do that? Please reply.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai..

its not possible ...bocz for every company code u will define the payment mode which are permissble in that company codes.

2nd thing is for exchange rate calc it is required to read the currency and hence it has to read the company code..

I dont think ur requirement can be addressed....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wat is Entry permissibility per Infotype? and Wage Type permissibility for each PS and ESG?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Entry permissibility per infotype means whether the wagetypes you want to use are permissible in the infotype. In t-code OH13, you can either make it permissible once or several times.

Wagetype permissibility for PS and ESG means you group your employee groups and subgroups and personnel subareas for primary wagetypes, i.e. which wagetypes may be entered for your grouping. In table V_511_B, you select a wagetype and enter 1 to allow and blank to not allow.

Hope this helps,

Reward points appreciated,

Thank You,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai..

you can define which wage types may be entered for your PS & ES groupings