cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Heuristic Ignores Safety stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys -

I have a product at a DC with no forecast. I have maintained Safety stock method SB, and given a value of safety stock in the product master. I ran SNP Heuristics and I expect the system to create distribution receipts so that the safety stock is met at the DC but this is not happening. Can you help me ?

I do have all the valid Master Data like Tlanes,procurement type, PPMs at the manufacturing location..

Thanks

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

What's your Targ.Stk Lvl Methd?

Regards

Alper Myumyun

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried "1:target days supply", " 7 no target stock" but both did not work

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, Used "blank"and 7.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I have tried with the following parameters and it works:

Lot size procedure: By Period/W/1

Safety Stock Method: SB

Safety Stock: 2000

Safety Days' Supply: 3

Target Days' Supply: 3

Targ.Stk Lvl Methd: Blank or 4

I don't know your SCM version, but check if note 1042717 is implemented.

Regards

Alper Myumyun

Message was edited by:

Alper Myumyun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alper, Do you have any demand(forecast) in your case? Based on your settings, for me this would work only if I have a demand as that would create a target stock level and then the SNP heuristic would plan for the target stock level. So the target stock level is driving the creation of receipt and not the safety stock.....Are you able to make it work when the target stock method is 7 which means " do not use target stock"..

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I don't have a demand (forecast), it is not needed, and the planning works. The Target Stock Level is calculated based on the selected TSL Method. In my case it is calculated based on the Safety Days' Supply or Safety Stock.

If the stored items are cheap and fast-moving items it makes sense to have a safety stock and you don't have to have a demand to full-fill it.

Regards,

Alper Myumyun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So I am hoping that you are able to get Distr Receipts for Forecasts. this is just to ensure your network is otherwise working correctly. Hopefully the value set in Product Master is appearing in Safety stock keyfigure. Check if the Target Stock Level macro is indeed activated and has the component to calculate the Safety Stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Srinivas -

Yes, If I put in a fcst and run heuristic, the system does generate a Preq to be sourced from the source location.The safety stock value which I have maintained in the product master also appears in the SNP planning book Safety stock key figure. Target stock macro is active and has safety stock component.

Thanks

Varun

Vaidhya
Explorer
0 Kudos

I guess this should be intended functionality. A production run / distribution should not done only to meet safety stock targets. A safety stock demand should be considered only with a corresponding customer demand. It would be interesting if you have the requirement otherwise.

But I am not sure if the system is designed this way or if this is an error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaidhyanathan -

Even when I add a forecast, the system just plans for forecast.

Example: For the whole horizon, I have Fcst of 2000 and Safety Stock of 2000. The system just created a receipt for 2000 (only).

Thanks

Varun

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to be sure, does SZ strategy work by any chance ? Hopefully you have lot-for-lot as the lot sizing procedure and requirement strategy 10,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas -

SZ "does not work" either. As I just see receipts being created only for the forecast. The proposed strategy which I am using is 20(planning with final assembly).

I thought Safety stock be considered for both..??

Thanks

Varun

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Out of curiosity, can you go to Product View and check the pegging relationships. Does it show anything on safety stock requirements at all.