Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Syntax error calling BAPI within widget (using Widget Foundation)

Hi... Here's a summary of the issue :

I am using the Enterprise widget foundation to call 'ENQUEUE_REPORT' in a widget to read SM12 lock entries and the widget returns a 'Syntax Error'. The call is succesful when there are no lock entries in the system.. However, when the table (ENQ) has even a single entry, the widget throws up an error..

I tried debuggin the RFC call and the FM seems to execute correctly with sy-subrc = 0 and the structure containing the data.. However, it is not able to pass this data back to the widget in the RFC Call... I though this could be because of the length, so I encapsulated the call to 'ENQUEUE_READ' within a ZFM and passed back only limited fields viz. GCLIENT, GUNAME, GTTIME, GMODE & GNAME with the same error. I am using a similar code succesfully for two of my other widgets ( <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EmTech/WidgettomonitorprocesschainsusingtheWidgetFoundation">Proc Chain watcher</a> and another one to read an error in a load process) succesfully and even while i am getting this error..

Why would I be getting this syntax error here ? I tried to check the response directly by trying the RFC frontend provided by the Widget foundation (/SapMiddleTier/RESTJSON/ewcs/service/rfct/form?serviceProvider=BZ1_JCO) and the RFC call does not return anything there...

Is there a way to make an RFC call directly through the JCO without using the widget foundation ? Would that help ?

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question