cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynpro table - footer and highlight selected row

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two questions reg. tables: WebAS 6.40 SP13

a) Although I set the property footerVisible to false, I do still have this navigation footer visible. Is there another condition which must be met in order to hide it (e.g. design alternating works only in readOnly mode)?

b) Is there a way to have selectionMode Single without this box in the first column (only highlighting the selected row with this orange frame).

Thanks F.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Regarding your second point, If you set the selection mode of the table as 'none', the first column of 'boxes' won't appear, but the 'orange frame' will also not be displayed. Still you can select the row and associate an action with that event.

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks folks for your support. Maybe I should have described what I am going to do: I want to realize a table where the first two columns are fixed, while the rest of the columns are scrollable (horizontally).

I have used two tables, both referring to the same model (singleton). The second table (to the right) is in a scrollable container, so I can scroll horizontally. For the user this looks like one table, only the second part is scrollable. All works fine, except for the two things I have posted:

a1) Since I already have a footer for navigation in the first table, I want to hide the one in the second table.

a2) In the NWStudio the footer is hidden when I set footerVisible false, but in the Browser it is still there.

b1) Since I have already the lead selection boxes in the first table, I do not need it in the second.

b2) However, I still want to indicate the selected row (spanning two tables). Since the same(!) model data are used, this works when I have selection mode single. I do not even have to program anything, any selection in the first table highlights the same row in the second - only I do not want to have the boxes twice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah I see, you want to have fixed table columns. This feature will be available starting with the NW04s table.

To address your problems:

a) I would be astonished if the footer is rendered at runtime with IWDTable.footerVisible=false. Please recheck the value in the NWDS, recheck deployment. Or bind the property to a context boolean attribute, does it work then? If the error remains, open an OSS message.

b) You could try to set Table.design = WDTableDesign.TRANPARENT for the scrollable table.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

Actually it is possible to hide footer only when this condition met: visible rows of table are equals or bigger then number of data source node elements.

Say, you set visible row count to 5. And switch off footer. Then if node contains five rows or less footer will be invisible. If you add one more row the setting is ignored.

It doesn't matter whether you set constant to footerVisile or bind it to context attribute (I've checked even with read-only calculated attribute). Binding firstVisibleRow has no effect as well.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.netweaverteam.com/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again everybody for your support.

Armin , good to know that this feature will be around. I have tried the 2nd hint - with no effect.

Valery, you are right. It depends whether visible rows >= row number in the model.

It is OK with me right now, because the thing is working, only with some minor shortcomings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Valery,

after my vacation I will have a look into the TableAdapter class to verify this "interesting" behaviour.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

I just read your post about fixed table columns:

"Ah I see, you want to have fixed table columns. This feature will be available starting with the NW04s table."

can you give me more information about it ?

Thanks in advance

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any news on this subject?

I also have a requirement to create a table without a footer but the footer appears when there are more rows that can be displayed, regardles of my settings.

Thanks,

Roelof

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

For your First question on setting the footer visibity to false,it should work .May be a problem with sp13.Please check it out once more.

For your second question there are three choices for that selectionMode property

auto - The selection of the table is specified by the selection property of the node.

multi - Multiple table rows can be selected if the context node allows multiple selection.

single - Only one row can be selected at a time.

By default the first row will be selected.

You can't change that.

Even if the selection property of your node is multiple if you select this property as single ,you cant select multiple records

Hope this helps you

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Rohit.

Yes you can change that the first row be select or not. This is setting the selection property 0..n and the inizializeLeadSelection property to false. Those settings will deselect the first row.

Rgds.

Gregory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

a) Do you see the footer only in the NWDS or also at runtime? (Probably a bug of the view design tool)

b) Why do you want to change the standard visual design for selection?

Armin