cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI and Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just checked the latest JAVA GUI support matrix - but don't see any mention of the new version of Mac OS X (10.5/Leopard) and SAP GUI compatibility. Has anyone tried Jaguar with JAVA GUI 7.00 rev6 on a Mac running Leopard?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello..

I just got a brand new mac notebook. I am trying to install sap gui on it.

I downloaded the gui software from sap site. But I am having trouble in

keying in the login info, such as, system id, no, and the ip address.

I read on this site that I need to write a configuration file. I don't know what they

mean (I am a functional consultant )

Could anyone post a sample of configuration file and instructions to install the gui.

I guess if I can't install sap gui on the mac, I will have to (regretully) retun it.

Thanks in advance guys!

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you install the JavaGui 7.10 for the Mac, you get an alias named "Documentation". If you either select the "SAPGUI Help" item from the "Help" menu in menubar at the top of the screen, or you double click on the "Documentation" alias, it will open your web browser to the HTML JavaGui documentation. In the Navigation bar on the left side of the page, under "7. Administration" select "Configuration Files". Also, in Navigation bar under "9. Technical Background", select "Connection Strings" and "Connection Data".

You will find useful examples there.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

support for Leopard is planned with SAP GUI for Java 7.10. We are currently testing and hope to have some good news within the next 1-2 weeks.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried SAP GUI Java 7.00 rev 6 on Leopard Retail. I did not install it (did not try, might fail), I am launching it from my old Tiger partition.

It works (so far). It is unsupported, but all the T-Codes I use usually still work. That allowed me to migrate to Leopard soonner

Obviously I am waiting for 7.10 and will upgrade as soon as available.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

you seem to have luck so far, but be prepared to find some issues. During testing Beta versions of SAP GUI for Java 7.10 on Developer Previews of Leopard, there have been various problems we had to address. So officially I only can tell not to use the 7.00 version on Leopard for production.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin