cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background jobs (how to manage)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We recently had e-mail enabled in our system so we can send items directly to employees via outlook for workflow items. I'm trying to get some standard SAP programs to be able to run once a night and e-mail me the results, but I'm not sure the best way to handle this. I've been able to do this for 'Z' reports we've written ourselves.

An example would be to run transaction SM37 to pick up any jobs that are 'cancelled' or 'active' so I can monitor any issues with a nightly e-mail instead of running the program manually every day. Since this cannot be run in the background, is there a similar program that can be run to monitor this?

Another example is the workflow report 'Work Items Without Agents' (transaction SWI2_ADM1), but when I run it in the background, no data appears.

I know it's not that difficult to run SM37, but when I want to monitor several standard programs it adds up to time I just don't have right now since we just went live with an upgrade a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

CCMS should be setup to report on any failed jobs. The only thing you might have to update are the settings to generate an email.

So CCMS is probably a better place to look for a solution than SM37.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver, CO

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Joe , CCMS is the best thing for this. If you have Solution manager installed you can configure Auto reaction for failed job so you will get mail for the failed Job

Thanks

Prince Jose

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys. I'll look into the options you listed. I appreciate your time.

- Jonathan