cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 Converted Planned Order to APO Changes dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have several users who create planned orders in R/3 and then they convert it to production orders using conversion. This orders come to APO and sit in Produciton confirmed key figure in SNP Planning Book as category "AD".

The problem is that this orders are on the resource with 40 hours a week and 8 capacities. They take 3 week to manufacture for example in R/3 and that calculations are correct but when it comes to APO, it show start date of 4 months earlier than what R/3 is showing. 4 months is not exact number. It keeps changing. We are not able to figure out why APO and R/3 differs in Order Start Date ?.

Can you help ?.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ketan,

check this note and its other releavant notes.

Note:423626

regards

venkadesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is a very common issue. Did you happen to check the OSS for this, since my guess is that there are quite a few notes out there on that.

Well, when you convert a planned order to Prod Order, it is actually recreated in R/3 using times set in that system. Maybe the cumulative time or individual times of the routing are different between APO and R/3. Hopefully you have not faced issues in PPM transfer. From what I understand from your message, it looks that PPDS is probably not configured in your setup. Is that a correct assumption ? SNP PPMs typically have activities ranging in days since it does not look at a granular level under days.This means when you convert it to a production order, it is probably using detailed level BOM and Routing information (that may be as granular as minutes and much more accurate than SNP PPMs) from R/3. So my guess is that this may be a standard behaviour.