cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column Lights

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question concerns the iGrid - 'lights'. I have columns A,B,C,D,E. I want to show LED style lights directly under columns D and E based off a match string.

I've seen a solution on here to use two DT's side by side. I'm not sure I would like to go that route, just yet.

I've used column lights which provides lights for all columns. I've tried multilights which gives a group of three lights at the end of each row. I've tried scoreboard, which is close by highlighting the cell the appropriate color but not the style I need (i.e. traffic light).

Is this standard functionality or should I look to modify the grid / applet via javascript?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kelly,

Since the lights are typically at the end of the iGrid row, it sounds like you've exhausted most of the standard ways of visualizing this with the applet types. If columns D and E are mutually exclusive and/or need to be color contexted individually, then as far as standard functionality goes, the scoreboard mode would be your best bet and I would use DynamicBackground coloring (checkbox on General tab I think) so that the cell background paints the color you want instead of just the text. Even though it will not have an actual circle painted in with the appropriate color, from a visual standpoint this might be your best option since you can control the Column heading and the cell can also contain text.

Having the 2 applets side by side can work, but then you might also need to synch the vertical scrolling.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

I have a grid with five coulmn.Can we get the grid light in second column?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, the lights will in almost every case appear at the right ( http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Applet_Reference_Details/Applet_Overview.htm#iGrid )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesn't the "Lights" mode, where you put the <G> <R> stuff in the row content, allow Lights to be anywhere? I forget...

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I looked through some of my samples and EmbeddedLights mode will allow the circle light to work like scoreboard mode and allow you to have columns in various locations in the grid (not just the rightmost column).

Kelly - please check out the help doc discussion on this grid type to see if it will suit your project needs. It will limit you to a single character or number inside the light circle and you will need to tweak your query results to show <G>, <R>, etc. (includes the gt and lt symbols) so the grid will show just the letter. Your color contexting will be string mode and also include the gt/lt symbols, but the light will then just display the 'embedded' character.