Does anyone has any document for using tool SCATT fo data uploding.
Kiran Magar replied
please find below User Guide for File Upload through SCAT,
User Guide for Data Upload
The use of CATT is for bulk uploading of data. Although CATT is primarily a testing tool, it can be used for the mass upload of data. The way CATT works is like a real user actually inputting on the SAP screen. You prepare a set of data that are required to be input into the system and execute what you called a Test Case and CATT will do the boring task of keying for you.
The over-all procedure to upload data using CATT is as follows:
· Creation of the CATT test case & recording the sample data input.
· Download of the source file template.
· Modification of the source file.
· Upload of the data from the source file.
Details of each step are provided in the following paragraphs.
Creation of the CATT test case:
Creation of the test case is completed as follows:
· Execute Transaction SCAT
· Name the test case. Test case name must start with Z. It is also good practise to include the transaction code in
the test case name (e.g. Z_CS02_UPLOAD for the upload of equipment)
· Click the Record button.
· Enter the transaction code (e.g. CS02)
· Continue recording the transaction. Ensure data is entered into every field that is to be used during the upload.
· Save the test case.
Download the source file template
Download of source file template is conducted in two stages as follows:
· Creation of import parameters:
· Within transaction SCAT, Double Click on the TCD line in the Maintain Functions screen.
· Click the Field List button (Field list is displayed).
· For every field that you wish to upload data, double click in the Column New field contents (This creates an
· In the Maintain Import Parameter Pop-Up:
· Delete the default value if not required.
· Press Enter
· The New field contents column now contains the character & followed by the field name (e.g. &POSNR). This
is the name of the import parameter.
· Repeat this for every field (in every screen) to be uploaded.
· Back out and save the CATT test case
· Download of source file template:
· Use the path GOTO -> Variants -> Export Default
· Select path and file name (e.g. C:TEMPZ_CS02_UPLOAD.TXT)
· Click Transfer
Modify the source file
The downloaded source file template is now populated with the data that is to be uploaded. This is completed as follows:
· Using Excel, open the tab-delimited text file.
· Do not change any of the entries that already exist.
1st row contains the field names.
2nd row contains the field descriptions.
3rd row displays the default values which are set in the test case.
4th row contains a warning that changing the default values in the spreadsheet has no effect on the actual default values.
· The data to be uploaded can be entered in the spreadsheet from row 4 onwards (delete the 4th row warning &
replace with data for upload).
· Save the file as a Text file (Tab delimited).
Upload data from the source file
Uploading the data is completed as follows:
· Execute the CATT test case
· In the Execute screen:
· Set processing mode to Errors or Background (your choice).
· Set variants to External from file.
· Click the Choose button and select the file to be uploaded.
· If uploading to another client, click the Remote execution button and select the RFC connection to the required client.
· If uploading to the current client, click the execute button.
Hope this helps.