cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing SAP backend from j2ee without entrprise portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement which is migrating the applications hosted on tomcat server to SAP web AS and accessing the SAP ERP system from the web application.As of now i have two options one is importing the web application into NWDS and creating a webdynpro application or creating j2ee application.

<b>Now my doubt is how do i access sap ERP system from the application(I dont have any enterprise portal which should have made my job easy by creating JCO destinations and accessing them in the webdynpro application)</b>

Please let me know how to access backend from j2ee or webynpro from NWDS without Enterprise portal

Thanks

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

As you said you're mingrating applications from tomcat to WebAS, I can safely assume you're dealing with pure J2EE applications.

Converting these applications to WebDynpro, reworking them entirely, just to access ERP system is not necessary. I'm sure that'll be a big project in itself and not suggested in business terms (unless you are just experimenting and on a learning curve).

In my opinion, if you want to stick with the existing j2ee applications with minimum coding possible to work with ERP (to call RFCs and BAPIs), the best way to go about is to use plain JCO. This api lets you make calls to RFCs and BAPIs, more like using JDBC.

Explore this link further on how to work with JCo.

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/general/0,295582,sid21_gci1119575,00.html

Hope that's an insight.

Regards,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot rajit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

If you are expecting to pull data from backend systems and show it to users you can always have standalone web dynpro applications. This does not require a portal installation. You can use the WAS 6.40 latest support pack (not mandatory). Deploy our applications on this server and they do run as standalone WebDynpro apps.

JCOs destinations are not made on Portals they are made on WAS servers using content administrator which can be done without using portal.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

You can't access Backend system via Java stack with out EP?

Regards,

Hari.

PS: Points are welcome